Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hi Guys,

My name is Bill and I placed an order for a Mach E a few days ago. I went with Black, Premium AWD and the standard battery. Was back and forth between the standard and extended but I wasn't sure if the extended was worth the extra $5k. Hope I don't regret it in the future! lol

This will be my second mustang I've owned. Years ago I had a 2000 Black GT and I loved that car! Hoping my order doesn't take forever to come in!

Thanks,
Bill
Sponsored

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Hi Guys,

My name is Bill and I placed an order for a Mach E a few days ago. I went with Black, Premium AWD and the standard battery. Was back and forth between the standard and extended but I wasn't sure if the extended was worth the extra $5k. Hope I don't regret it in the future! lol

This will be my second mustang I've owned. Years ago I had a 2000 Black GT and I loved that car! Hoping my order doesn't take forever to come in!

Thanks,
Bill
Now that you have one on order, start searching AutoTrader, the Ford website, etc. looking for the one you want. I ordered mine, then read on here to look around. Found a FE at a dealer and got that instead. If you don't find one you like at a price you like, you always know your order will, someday, be ready for pickup. I used that with my salesman, kept giving me numbers I didn't like, I said it was too much, I'll wait for my order. I left and he called me back with numbers that I could live with. With the order, you have leverage.

OP
OP
WildBillTV

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Now that you have one on order, start searching AutoTrader, the Ford website, etc. looking for the one you want. I ordered mine, then read on here to look around. Found a FE at a dealer and got that instead. If you don't find one you like at a price you like, you always know your order will, someday, be ready for pickup. I used that with my salesman, kept giving me numbers I didn't like, I said it was too much, I'll wait for my order. I left and he called me back with numbers that I could live with. With the order, you have leverage.

I spent over 2 hours yesterday calling every ford dealer within a 40 mile radius of Pittsburgh ? but I am definitely going to keep trying daily. See what stock dealers get in and snag something before my order comes in! I hope at least.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I spent over 2 hours yesterday calling every ford dealer within a 40 mile radius of Pittsburgh ? but I am definitely going to keep trying daily. See what stock dealers get in and snag something before my order comes in! I hope at least.
Keep trying, it can be frustrating but finally paid off for me! I just snagged a premium carbonized gray AWD ER for my wife which was exactly what she had on order!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Bill
I have a Premium SR AWD too and am very happy with it. I noticed however that you are in Pittsburgh. Be aware that in very cold weather, EVs temporarily lose a big chunk of their battery capacity, so if you have a long commute or plan to road trip a lot in the winter, you may want the ER battery because freezing weather might take out a third or more of your maximum range, if you are counting on 200+ miles of range in all situations.

Other than that potential note of caution, welcome!

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
welcome Bill! I'm very happy with my SR.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Welcome. I have to ask, though: I'm guessing you're a fan of deadliest catch?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Welcome Bill!

OP
OP
WildBillTV

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a Premium SR AWD too and am very happy with it. I noticed however that you are in Pittsburgh. Be aware that in very cold weather, EVs temporarily lose a big chunk of their battery capacity, so if you have a long commute or plan to road trip a lot in the winter, you may want the ER battery because freezing weather might take out a third or more of your maximum range, if you are counting on 200+ miles of range in all situations.

Other than that potential note of caution, welcome!
I never thought of this! I don't typically take long road trips. Hopefully the SR battery will be enough!!

Reactions: ARK

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congratulations, and welcome (almost) to the club!
I hope that your wait is shorter than expected.

smp