How Long Does it Take To Produce/Build a Mach E?

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I think shipping is the wild card. Length of time depends on where you are. Mine arrived quickly. Straight shot from Cuautitlan to Kansas City, then by truck to Minneapolis. It was pretty fast compared to others' times I saw elsewhere. 24 days from shipped to delivered.
Sponsored

Hanger505

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Country flag
With the VIN, she was able to get me the window sticker, and said she could see it in San Pedro Garza MX, which appears to be well north of the assembly plant in Cuauatitlan. So IDK if it's a holding facility or what.
Got moved to “built” today, hopefully meaning the quality hold is now lifted. Mine still shows in the plant in Cuautitlan though.

m9heckman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E ordered
Country flag
My dealer contacted me last week with a proposal to look for a dealership in the surrounding area with the model I want on the lot, with the idea that they may be able to do a stock swap to get it on their lot and sell it to me instead of waiting for my order to build and ship.

If it gets me the car before year-end and I keep the tax credit, I'm willing to go with a second choice on color (much as I like the Grabber Blue). So far, they have a Vapor Blue available, and expect to hear back from more dealers on Monday, so fingers crossed.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I called the dealership mid-week and talked to the sales manager. She was able to go to a website other than the Ford tracking page, and it showed mine went into production on 11/8 and completed on 11/9. For whatever reason, the website isn't showing the "built" status.

However it showed that there is an "active hold" and it has not been released for shipping. Said there could be many reasons for this, and couldn't give me any guesses when it would be released.

With the VIN, she was able to get me the window sticker, and said she could see it in San Pedro Garza MX, which appears to be well north of the assembly plant in Cuauatitlan. So IDK if it's a holding facility or what.
Yours sounds like mine which was in a warehouse in MX for 4 months waiting for parts/modules.

When it did finally ship, it got derailed in the US and Ford did a replacement hotshot transport from MX to CA and got it delivered to my dealer in 2 weeks via truck transport.

Overall wait from order: 14 months.

Model changed from original order: '22 Select w/ C-T to '23 Premium.
Color changed from ice blue silver to space white.
VIN changed when derailed but kept the original incentives + PCO.

The only reason I waited was Ford offering a $4500 PCO & lower interest rates at time of order.

m9heckman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E ordered
Country flag
My dealer contacted me last week with a proposal to look for a dealership in the surrounding area with the model I want on the lot, with the idea that they may be able to do a stock swap to get it on their lot and sell it to me instead of waiting for my order to build and ship.

If it gets me the car before year-end and I keep the tax credit, I'm willing to go with a second choice on color (much as I like the Grabber Blue). So far, they have a Vapor Blue available, and expect to hear back from more dealers on Monday, so fingers crossed.
Picked up the Vapor Blue today. Tiny bit disappointed I couldn't get the Grabber, but no t $3750 disappointed!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Picked up the Vapor Blue today. Tiny bit disappointed I couldn't get the Grabber, but no t $3750 disappointed!
Ha, you got the last of the tax credit before 2024!
Sponsored