Interior Motion Sensors Triggering Alarm. Any real solution to this issue?

OP
OP
Jake Blues

Jake Blues

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD Space White
Country flag
No alarms last night or this morning. All indications are a faulty sensor(s). I'm going to give it a few days and then I will experiment to see if it's one sensor or both.
Sponsored

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
Electrical tape isn't the easiest to work with, but it looks the best.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior Motion Sensors Triggering Alarm. Any real solution to this issue? 1645216282921

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
No alarms last night or this morning. All indications are a faulty sensor(s). I'm going to give it a few days and then I will experiment to see if it's one sensor or both.
Well there you go (maybe). The sensors haven’t been removed - just covered - so whether “faulty” or not, they were “seeing“ something and they aren’t seeing it anymore now that they are covered. Glad you’ve hopefully found a temporary solution until Ford lets us keep the things turned off.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Electrical tape isn't the easiest to work with, but it looks the best.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Interior Motion Sensors Triggering Alarm. Any real solution to this issue? 1645216282921
Yeah it looks way better. My kids used up all my electrical tape on “projects.” I appreciate that they are resourceful, but also annoyed.

Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Well I totally sealed over the motion sensors with electrical tape, after that didn't work I used a thick sheet of rubber adhesive gasket and the alarm still went off just by sticking my hand through the open window and waving. I didn't rock anything, just moved my hand around in mid air inside the car, and the alarm went off. When I was doing tests without covering the sensors I noticed an intermittent delay before the alarm went off. Sometimes it will be immediately set off, other times it may take several minutes. This may be why some people are saying they don't experience this problem. The one constant here is locking the doors rearms the sensors, my only work around is to 1. leave it unlocked, 2. leave the accessory power on which allows me to lock the doors without it resetting the motion sensor switch back on. It is bewildering why this issue has not been addressed by now, the only reason that I can think of is their customer service only goes up a short ladder, as a result, it never reaches the appropriate department. Ford like most oversized companies is another classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand needs done. There is one man that could solve this issue in a second, he is Chuck Gray (vice president, EV Technology), unfortunately, he is what you call unreachable.

Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag