Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extra Range
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I've had my Premium AWD extra range MME since April, I've put about 5k miles on it, and I can't remember going a single day without having some sort of issue with it. Among them:
  • Wireless Apple Car Play almost never works. When I turn the vehicle on the screen goes to the "no phone connected" page and stays there. When I click on the connect to phone it shows it as connected then kicks me back to the "connect a phone" page. This requires a reset to fix (hold down volume and the right arrow button on steering wheel)
  • About 50% of the time I switch from reverse to drive the back-up camera gets stuck on. Sometimes the steering wheel reset trick works, sometimes it does nothing. This requires a complete shutdown of the vehicle to correct.
  • Occasionally all of the functionality in the drivers side door stops working (window buttons etc...) Especially inconvenient when you don't notice until you are trying to roll your window down at the drive through or similar. This has happened to me about 10 times now.
  • At random times the voice activation menu pops up without any input from me (for awhile i wondered if maybe some button was being hit on my phone so I started making a habit to put it on the charger, this didn't help the issue)
  • The obvious PaaK issues that everyone has experienced.
  • A small gripe but overall the infotainment screen is just so laggy. Sometimes takes 5-10 seconds to respond to a button click.
  • Most recently I've been having issues with the rear hatch not wanting to open.
I have been to the dealer a few times to try to correct these issues, and there's been no resolution.

I do enjoy the vehicle, and the drivability is great. Feels like they got out over their skis on the infotainment portion of the vehicle, or maybe I just got a particularly bad car.

Anyways, not sure if there are any obvious fixes to any of these issues. I hate to come off as a complainer as I'm truly not, just hate pay $55,000+ for a vehicle to have it perform worse than my 12 yr old dodge pickup parked next to it.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Sorry you're having so many issues. Have you gotten any OTA updates yet?

You have an early build that would almost certainly need some software updates. Has the dealer applied any yet? I would update all the powertrain modules, RFA module, DDM, and the APIM in hopes of correcting those issues.

If you're not getting anywhere with the dealer, @breeves002 would probably be willing to update everything in your car if you drive over to St. Louis and cover his costs.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/missouri-illinois-need-your-mme-software-updated.9785/

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
About 50% of the time I switch from reverse to drive the back-up camera gets stuck on. Sometimes the steering wheel reset trick works, sometimes it does nothing. This requires a complete shutdown of the vehicle to correct.
Newbie here....can someone tell me what the steering wheel reset trick is?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Newbie here....can someone tell me what the steering wheel reset trick is?
Hold the volume switch on the steering wheel down and the right arrow key on the steering wheel down together for 10 seconds.

OP needs to specify what updates, if any, the dealer has performed.

skeighle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e select awd
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. Seems like a new bug every other day. Selling dealer has 100% ghosted me had to call Ford customer service probably 50 times on top of constant email communication. Get conflicting info from @Ford Motor Company reps. Have a 3/21 build that has received no updates, 13 outdated. Have to take it to a dealer for updates not even 2 months into owning, and just hope my issues are solved. Interestingly I also specifically have trouble with cameras and sensors not activating, window control, and strange connecting disconnecting with Apple carplay and aa. This was my test vehicle before I drop even more on the lightning, and I am reconsidering my lightning order because of my experience.
Sponsored