This may be a silly question, but how do you display the miles per kwh
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It is displayed automatically under the current trip on the center display. It is also displayed on Trip 1 and Trip 2 odometers.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It displays automagically in the center console under the "This trip" tab. at the bottom of the screen. See below.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Miles per KWH - how to display? Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 8.35.44 AM
Nice tip.
In case the OP isn't aware how to get this displayed (if not there already....)
Just browse to the Trips screen like @RickMachE suggested. Then when the main portion of the screen is changed the Trips view will remain as one of the cards down in the secondary area. After a while you might end up with a lot of cards so to "put away" a card that isn't used very often then swipe it down and it should fall away. I used to have to swipe down 3 times but now it works on the first try. That is an update that I certainly appreciate! :)

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
That Trip trick works in the interim, but as has been pointed out in other threads, it would be great if it could be right there by the guess-o-meter, alongside the remaining kWH for the battery.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
That Trip trick works in the interim, but as has been pointed out in other threads, it would be great if it could be right there by the guess-o-meter, alongside the remaining kWH for the battery.
If you had that value there in the driver's display....
How would you like it to calculate that value? Real time, current trip since last start, current since last trip odo reset, since last driver history reset, lifetime?

I ask because I am curious what different people like to see and monitor. When I first got my MME, I was bummed because I lost a lot of the extra detail that existed in my Focus Electric but over time I found it wasn't as necessary in the MME as it was in the FFE.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
If you had that value there in the driver's display....
How would you like it to calculate that value? Real time, current trip since last start, current since last trip odo reset, since last driver history reset, lifetime?

I ask because I am curious what different people like to see and monitor. When I first got my MME, I was bummed because I lost a lot of the extra detail that existed in my Focus Electric but over time I found it wasn't as necessary in the MME as it was in the FFE.
I would like it in realtime on the driver's display, and then it can remain in Trips for those intervals as history.

If I'm getting 3.1 miles per Kwh, I'm getting the Standard Range EPA rating.

The GOM should read the value of remaining Kwh x mi/Kwh -- in realtime.

OP
OP
Red Baron

Red Baron

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 2WD Standard Range
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
It is displayed automatically under the current trip on the center display. It is also displayed on Trip 1 and Trip 2 odometers.
Ah. Got it.

It seems high, but I'll take it.

I've driven a total of 375 miles since I got the Mach-e and it shows 3.9 miles/kwh for the 375 total accumulated miles.

As a sanity check, my last trip was 5 miles and it oscillated around as I was driving and settled on 3.9 miles/kwh by the end of the 5 mile trip.

Should I be happy with 3.9 miles/kwh?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ah. Got it.

I've driven a total of 375 miles since I got the Mach-e and it shows 3.9 miles/kwh for the 375 total accumulated miles.

As a sanity check, my last trip was 5 miles and it oscillated around as I was driving and settled on 3.9 miles/kwh by the end of the 5 mile trip.

You should be doing backflips. I believe my lifetime is around 3, although the majority is highway, 2.5 trips so far. Local I get more, but weighted average...

Correction - lifetime from 7/2/22 over 7,700 miles, of which over 5,500 are highway miles, is 2.6, not 3.0.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ah. Got it.

Many of us have found the Trips app to be buggy and inaccurate... For example, it doesn't always reset on new trips, or it freezes (stops recording new data) or it gives ridiculously high efficiency values. So be aware and continue to do your own calculations to double check things for now until you get a good feel for it.

Hopefully someday they'll address the accuracy issues.
Sponsored