Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Changed my summer tires on the GT PE to a all-season set for winter+. Am I an idiot to think when I bought 4 new tires at Ford Service that they would have balanced the new tires when they put them on, without asking? Would you put on almost 1000 bux of new tires and not balance them? Lol this is probably a rhetorical question, I am an idiot, and I should have asked them to do it - I don't see anything about balancing them on the receipt, just labor to "replace tires" for 100 bux. I got a bad feeling it didn't get done but haven't noticed any issues with driving on them either.

Unrelated note - besides me being an idiot part, they didn't put a single stem cap on and that did piss me off. I realize it's common practice to replace all valve stems when putting on new tires but not to put any caps on is kinda shit.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
If they didn't balance the tires you'd know it for sure by the time you hit 70 MPH because everything would go blurry from the vibrations. I don't know of a shop that would mount without balancing unless it was a rookie mistake.

Maybe they were going to put the stupid green caps on the stems because they did nitrogen, which is a complete scam BTW.

OP
OP
Griddlez

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
If they didn't balance the tires you'd know it for sure by the time you hit 70 MPH because everything would go blurry from the vibrations. I don't know of a shop that would mount without balancing unless it was a rookie mistake.

Maybe they were going to put the stupid green caps on the stems because they did nitrogen, which is a complete scam BTW.
Yea it drove fine, I think. Didn't notice any crazy vibrations.. but no caps plus it not saying it was done on the receipt had me worried, thinking I should have just asked. If you think it would be super obvious it wasn't done then maybe they did do it and I should take a chill pill.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yea it drove fine, I think. Didn't notice any crazy vibrations.. but no caps plus it not saying it was done on the receipt had me worried, thinking I should have just asked. If you think it would be super obvious it wasn't done then maybe they did do it and I should take a chill pill.
Yes, if you drive 80 MPH and the steering wheel isn't shaking like crazy they're balanced.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yes, if you drive 80 MPH and the steering wheel isn't shaking like crazy they're balanced.
Maybe, if you buy quality tires they are made quite well these days and sometimes don't take
much weight.

That being said the tires being balanced should be a given
Sponsored

Last edited: