eddieparker

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Driving a 2023.0 GTPE, just received Power-Up 4.2.4. Looking up the featureset online it seems like it enables "voice feedback" - but I've already had this in my car for a month or so now. Reading ahead in the changelog there's a bunch of features that I already have (i.e. "Frunk Ajar" listed in 6.7.0 but I've had in my pre 4.2.4 version) as well -- is this expected?

Also some general OTA/PowerUp questions (using https://github.com/elmedico27/fordpowerup for version lookup):

- From reading the forum it sounds like there are various "major" versions in the wild. Is this intentional or is the idea that everyone will catch up at some point?

My suspicion is that people on 6.XX.XX are probably "early access" members? And those not on it are probably pegged at 4.XX.XX as a "stable" version, but I haven't read that confirmed anywhere?

- Are there any OTA's past 4.2.4 that people have been excited by?

Reading the changelogs I'm not seeing too much that excites me yet (I mean stability updates / bug fixes are great, but not something I'm buzzing about. :) ). Just curious what other people think!
Sponsored

tbrumleve

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium eAWD Standard Range
Country flag
If you look at the list, there are release dates. Most cars should be in the 6.x series now. Iā€™m non-EA and on the latest 6.13. Updates to 7.0 are paused while Ford fixes some bug that bricked a car. Some updates are for other years - I skipped a few in the 6.x series on my ā€˜23. If you donā€™t need it, you wonā€™t get it. If you get it ā€œagainā€, then itā€™s a fix to whatever you already have. Read through the forum - OTA questions are common.

https://github.com/elmedico27/fordpowerup

7.0 is BlueCruise 1.4, so thatā€™s exiting. One fixed my trunk so I didnā€™t have to press the button twice. Beyond that, nothing ā€œexcitingā€.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Iā€™m waiting for whatever is after 6.13
Sponsored