Phoenix to Las Vegas

court0901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Select Space White
Country flag
Need to go to Vegas in February and want to take my MME. What are your preferred routes for this drive regarding charging station stops? I know the car will map it, but thought I'd check with y'all too. This will be my first lengthy trip with the MME. I have a 2021 Select with standard battery. Thanks.
Sponsored

kdzpro25

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Need to go to Vegas in February and want to take my MME. What are your preferred routes for this drive regarding charging station stops? I know the car will map it, but thought I'd check with y'all too. This will be my first lengthy trip with the MME. I have a 2021 Select with standard battery. Thanks.
Phoenix to Kingman, stop and change at electrify America. Onto Vegas. Drove it a few times in my MME, not problems. Want to be as close to 100% charge as you can when you leave Phoenix and before leaving Kingman.

Haydn12

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We just did this drive last week leaving at around 3:30pm from south Chandler. Make sure you are 100% charged before leaving as the drive to Kingman is uphill. It was cold last week with temps in the 30's once we went past Wickenburg. Battery usage was much higher than last year when it was about 10 degrees warmer. Last year we were at 23% when we arrived at the chargers in Kingman. This year we were at 10%!

I noticed the charge going down faster and immediately started driving at 55 going up the steep uphill areas. Then kept the speed around 60 the rest of the way on 93. We had the heat off most of the way as it eats into the battery quite a bit. We used the heated seats to try to stay warm. Once in a while we kicked on the heat to clear the fog off the windows. I was sweating it north of Wikieup as this is a constant uphill to get to I-40. Got behind a truck on I-40 that was doing about 67. Did this all the way up to the highest point before descending to Kingman. I was finally able to breath as we started downhill! Turned on the heat in the downhill section as I was shivering by this time! We were releaved once the charger was up and running. BTW, I've never had any issues with the chargers in Kingman and I've only run into one car there a couple times.

There is an Electrify America charger on Flamingo drive under 2 miles east of the strip at a Target. There are few cars charging at this one and they have always worked. We usually start charging and then hit Target. Since we stay at a time share just off the strip, we get groceries for breakfast and water. The car is charged to 90% by the time we get back.

Love the faster charging up to 90% as we easily would get up to 93% at both chargers. Last year it was hard to get to 83%.

We took a trip down Laughlin the next day to visit my brother. There are no fast chargers down in that area. We started sweating it on the way back as it's quite a climb out of Laughlin. We used 10% of the charge climbing in this area! We did make it to a charger in Vegas just of the strip south of the airport. This was a busy charger and 1 out of 6 was dead. When we returned to the car, there were 2 cars waiting to charge.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
We just did this drive last week leaving at around 3:30pm from south Chandler.
There's a big difference in range between standard battery and extended... Please add your vehicle's config to your profile so readers can assess how your experiences may align with their own.
Sponsored