Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I’m writing today to share some good news about the future of PlugShare.

Dear PlugShare Member,

I’m writing today to share some good news about the future of PlugShare and to extend my deep gratitude for your participation in our community and for contributing to a greener future.

Today we’re announcing that PlugShare and our parent company Recargo have been acquired by EVgo, the largest public EV fast charging network in the United States.

EVgo is an ideal home for us as they support our core principles of neutrality and co-operation. They have been a great network partner of ours for a long time and have always valued sharing their network data with the PlugShare community and hearing your feedback to better understand how they can serve drivers better and get your unique perspective on what is happening “on the ground” at their stations.

PlugShare will remain an open resource to support all of the charging networks and other EV companies and organizations that are so vital to building an electric future. EVgo’s support will allow us to continue this mission in an even stronger way in the years ahead.

Critical things that are not changing:
  • The entire Recargo team’s focus on enhancing the EV driver experience and accelerating EV adoption.
  • Our commitment to data protection and privacy. EVgo will not gain access to the PlugShare database to use as a marketing tool.
  • Our product commitments across the Web, Android™ and iOS™ and new platforms like Android Auto™ and CarPlay™.
  • Above all, our focus on and commitment to you, the driver.
Even as Covid-19 continues to be a challenge in many parts of the world, it has been amazing to see the acceleration of EVs this year. Thanks to you, PlugShare now lives on over 3.2M mobile devices, helping to make owning an EV worry-free. It’s inspiring to see the PlugShare community spirit in action, with more than 3 million driver reviews and 500,000 photos contributed so far, with many more to come.

The road ahead is now, more than ever, one to a clean transportation revolution and we are so very honored to be on the trip with you.

Happy charging and safe travels,

Nick Wild
Co-Founder and CEO and the entire PlugShare team

PlugShare
2231 Campus Dr, El Segundo, CA 90245
Unsubscribe
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I’m writing today to share some good news about the future of PlugShare.

Dear PlugShare Member,

I’m writing today to share some good news about the future of PlugShare and to extend my deep gratitude for your participation in our community and for contributing to a greener future.

Today we’re announcing that PlugShare and our parent company Recargo have been acquired by EVgo, the largest public EV fast charging network in the United States.

EVgo is an ideal home for us as they support our core principles of neutrality and co-operation. They have been a great network partner of ours for a long time and have always valued sharing their network data with the PlugShare community and hearing your feedback to better understand how they can serve drivers better and get your unique perspective on what is happening “on the ground” at their stations.

PlugShare will remain an open resource to support all of the charging networks and other EV companies and organizations that are so vital to building an electric future. EVgo’s support will allow us to continue this mission in an even stronger way in the years ahead.

Critical things that are not changing:
  • The entire Recargo team’s focus on enhancing the EV driver experience and accelerating EV adoption.
  • Our commitment to data protection and privacy. EVgo will not gain access to the PlugShare database to use as a marketing tool.
  • Our product commitments across the Web, Android™ and iOS™ and new platforms like Android Auto™ and CarPlay™.
  • Above all, our focus on and commitment to you, the driver.
Even as Covid-19 continues to be a challenge in many parts of the world, it has been amazing to see the acceleration of EVs this year. Thanks to you, PlugShare now lives on over 3.2M mobile devices, helping to make owning an EV worry-free. It’s inspiring to see the PlugShare community spirit in action, with more than 3 million driver reviews and 500,000 photos contributed so far, with many more to come.

The road ahead is now, more than ever, one to a clean transportation revolution and we are so very honored to be on the trip with you.

Happy charging and safe travels,

Nick Wild
Co-Founder and CEO and the entire PlugShare team

PlugShare
2231 Campus Dr, El Segundo, CA 90245
Unsubscribe
Well huh. I'm going to buy some EVGo stock I guess. (Not financial advice, but I think this is a good move from a charging network.)

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
gshare.production.assets%2Fassets%2Fplugshare-logo.png
Dear PlugShare Member,

I’m writing today .... blah blah.

I fear Plugshare will lose everything I love about it.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dear PlugShare Members,

It is with my great condolences that I must announce the bleak and misguided future of our community as we face this hostile takeover by EVgo. The next 12 months will be tense as we battle to keep our positions and job titles as we fight to keep our application identity from being trashed into oblivion by greed and power struggles.

With luck is 18 months the app will still work and someone may still be here to update it.

God Speed!
Sponsored