Pony liking the snow at Whistler, BC Canada

MoMache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Select AWD
Country flag
Hi - planning my winter trips in my new ride. Any tips for getting to/from Whistler (from Vancouver) and where to charge in Whistler? Can you make a round trip in winter?

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hi - planning my winter trips in my new ride. Any tips for getting to/from Whistler (from Vancouver) and where to charge in Whistler? Can you make a round trip in winter?
A Mach-E 4X should have no problem with this round trip depending on what you have on your roof. Whistler has public L2 charging in it's parking lots as well as a fast charger by the conference center, but I wouldn't count on those being available in peak season. There's and an Electrify Canada station in Squamish/Garibaldi Heights that's right off the highway on the way back if you start getting anxious or if you're driving a standard range AWD.

Check out PlugShare and A Better Route Planner if you haven't already. ABRP gives better estimates than Ford navigation when significant elevation changes come into play, and you can toggle temperature and consumption variables to accommodate for winter conditions. PlugShare is invaluable for finding nearby chargers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NormF

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Mach-E GT, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You will need to charge at Whistler. I find that the Mach E loses a lot of range from heating, including heated seats and steering wheel which I like to use. There are a total of approximately 14 level 2 chargers in 2 locations in the main parking lots (Chargepoint). Also approximately 5 chargers in the underground parking lot at the convention center, including one BC Hydro DC charger. Many of the hotels have chargers. There are many Tesla Destination chargers (L2) at Whistler so it is useful to have a Tesla Tap converter. Finally, there are 4 Electrify Canada DC fast chargers at the shopping center in Squamish.
Sponsored