rvdbijl

First Name
Robbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
We (my wife and I) have test driven a Mach-E twice now, at two different dealers and haven't gotten this question answered --

If you set up user profiles with your PaaK setup on the Mach E, do settings like the One Pedal Driving get configured with the PaaK as well? I.e. if I have it enabled in my profile and my wife has it disabled in hers, will that work? We know the seats and some other settings are covered, but no dealer has been able to answer this one yet. :)

We also noticed (again) that there is a noticeable whine coming from the front of the car at 30 MPH. Both cars we drove were the AWD extended range Premium models, so they have the front motor. It sounded like a gear whine sound. The first car we drove was pretty loud and almost obnoxious. The second one we drove today was less pronounced, but still there. Asked the dealer -- they said, yeah, that's normal. And no, none of the fake sounds were on. :)
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you set up user profiles with your PaaK setup on the Mach E, do settings like the One Pedal Driving get configured with the PaaK as well? I.e. if I have it enabled in my profile and my wife has it disabled in hers, will that work? We know the seats and some other settings are covered, but no dealer has been able to answer this one yet. :)
Yes, the drive mode and settings will be saved to each profile and automatically change when each profile is activated. I set mine to default to Engage with 1PD on, and my wife's to Whisper with 1PD off. Just be aware that if you change any of those settings (like putting it in Unbridled mode), it will automatically save that to your profile.

OP
OP
rvdbijl

rvdbijl

First Name
Robbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, the drive mode and settings will be saved to each profile and automatically change when each profile is activated. I set mine to default to Engage with 1PD on, and my wife's to Whisper with 1PD off. Just be aware that if you change any of those settings (like putting it in Unbridled mode), it will automatically save that to your profile.
Awesome! Not having that option would be a deal breaker for my wife. I figured it did, but it wasn't something easy to test during a test drive.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, the profiles seem to work fairly well, but as others have reported, some settings seem to revert back sometimes. Ford is aware of that issue and said it will be fixed in an OTA update in May.

OP
OP
rvdbijl

rvdbijl

First Name
Robbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, the profiles seem to work fairly well, but as others have reported, some settings seem to revert back sometimes. Ford is aware of that issue and said it will be fixed in an OTA update in May.
Yeah, I did read a bit about flaky behavior. It seems unlikely we'd get our MME by May, even if we ordered now, so hopefully it'll all be fixed by then.
My wife really hates the 1 -pedal driving, so she wants to make sure it's not on when she's driving. I have had it in my Kona EV, and like it now that I'm used to it. But the MME is quite a bit more aggressive with it. My wife refuses to drive my Kona because of that setting (which you have to dive into a few menus to disable).

gandrus

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
We're seeing the issue specifically with audio settings. When we first get in it resets all audio,(Bass, Treble, Midrange) all to 0. To clear you have to hit another user profile button on the door and then press your saved profile button and audio will to back to what you have set with your user profile. I'm hoping that Ford fixes this soon.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We're seeing the issue specifically with audio settings. When we first get in it resets all audio,(Bass, Treble, Midrange) all to 0. To clear you have to hit another user profile button on the door and then press your saved profile button and audio will to back to what you have set with your user profile. I'm hoping that Ford fixes this soon.
Yes, that's the issue that Ford has said will be fixed.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...o-settings-not-saving-after-a-key-cycle.4578/
Sponsored