Recent Carplay and ‘Hi Siri’ issues

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Updated my phone to iOS 17.0.3, and car to 6.2. Even prior to this last car update, the past month I’ve seemed to have lost the ability to state ‘Hi Siri’ to perform voice command in CarPlay. This command still works with my same phone in my other non-mache vehicle.

Thinking this was similar to the disabled mirror folding setting toggle that may have been turned off with recent mache updates, I’ve been searching through the menus to turn this back on, but couldn’t find a setting for this.

Any suggestions? TIA.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
It’s “Hey Siri” or just “Siri” now

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
Just press and hold the voice activation button on the steering wheel. It’s the on that looks like a profile of a face on the top let of the cluster on the right.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
Updated my phone to iOS 17.0.3, and car to 6.2. Even prior to this last car update, the past month I’ve seemed to have lost the ability to state ‘Hi Siri’ to perform voice command in CarPlay. This command still works with my same phone in my other non-mache vehicle.

Thinking this was similar to the disabled mirror folding setting toggle that may have been turned off with recent mache updates, I’ve been searching through the menus to turn this back on, but couldn’t find a setting for this.

Any suggestions? TIA.
Try to go into your iPhone settings > Tap Siri & Search > Select “Listen For” and toggle it to off, then toggle it the first “Siri” or “Hey Siri” option.

You’ll be asked to re-setup your voice.

This just helps it better recognize your voice, especially if you last set that feature up awhile ago.

OP
OP
MnSparty38

MnSparty38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Thanks for all the advice. Figured out it was the ‘Allow Siri when Locked’ option. Not sure if recent iOS updates turned it on or adjusted relationship with CarPlay, but enabling makes it work now.
Sponsored