RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hey folks that live near Richmond, VA. My dealer (Richmond Ford West) called saying they would have a car on hand on December 15th from 4PM to 8PM. They told me I would be able to do a ride along that day, but still no test drive.

I keep checking the Mach-E Activation website, and this is not showing up on that site, so I don't think this is quite the same group, or maybe the dealer did not want to participate in the activation. Richmond Ford West has a somewhat small lot, so maybe they did not want to have too much traffic that day. They may be trying to keep it on the down low.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hey folks that live near Richmond, VA. My dealer (Richmond Ford West) called saying they would have a car on hand on December 15th from 4PM to 8PM. They told me I would be able to do a ride along that day, but still no test drive.

I keep checking the Mach-E Activation website, and this is not showing up on that site, so I don't think this is quite the same group, or maybe the dealer did not want to participate in the activation. Richmond Ford West has a somewhat small lot, so maybe they did not want to have too much traffic that day. They may be trying to keep it on the down low.
My guess is it's the same car Zack and Alex were using for ride-alongs at a couple of Mach E Tour events up here in Baltimore and Columbia, MD.

cmsva1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G35
Country flag

Sheehy Ford in Midlothian had the demo Mach-e this past Tues 12/15 (11am-3pm). Same deal you mentioned, I got to ride but no test drive. It was awesome!

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg

OP
OP
RVAtom

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sheehy Ford in Midlothian had the demo Mach-e this past Tues 12/15 (11am-3pm). Same deal you mentioned, I got to ride but no test drive. It was awesome!
They must have had the same car at both dealers, Sheehy in the morning and Richmond Ford West in the afternoon.

My experience left me a little underwhelmed/put off. Being it was not part of the touring demo stuff, I just got a quick test drive from a young lady who's name escapes me right now. We drove about 3 lights up broad street at 5:30 (dark) during leaving work traffic. At one point we were going over 70 though, so that was terrifying. She took a U-turn, headed straight for the dealership, and almost drove the car into the building while parking. She blamed that on the shift knob.

The whole experience was about 11 minutes from elbow bump hello to her handing me a couple pens and a cup and sending me on my way.

The car seems fine, but I really didn't get much time with it. I guess I am still looking forward to seeing it in the daylight and actually getting to sit in the driver's seat.

cmsva1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G35
Country flag
They must have had the same car at both dealers, Sheehy in the morning and Richmond Ford West in the afternoon.

My experience left me a little underwhelmed/put off. Being it was not part of the touring demo stuff, I just got a quick test drive from a young lady who's name escapes me right now. We drove about 3 lights up broad street at 5:30 (dark) during leaving work traffic. At one point we were going over 70 though, so that was terrifying. She took a U-turn, headed straight for the dealership, and almost drove the car into the building while parking. She blamed that on the shift knob.

The whole experience was about 11 minutes from elbow bump hello to her handing me a couple pens and a cup and sending me on my way.

The car seems fine, but I really didn't get much time with it. I guess I am still looking forward to seeing it in the daylight and actually getting to sit in the driver's seat.
The young lady rep was quite nice, but honestly I left her feeling I absolutely knew a LOT more about the Mach-e than she did. This and puzzling that she was pronouncing "unbridled" mode as UNBRIDDLED. Oh well, will be good to get to drive it myself later.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The young lady rep was quite nice, but honestly I left her feeling I absolutely knew a LOT more about the Mach-e than she did. This and puzzling that she was pronouncing "unbridled" mode as UNBRIDDLED. Oh well, will be good to get to drive it myself later.
That is how they pronounce it in the UK. Seen it a few times in the Youtube episodes. Probably contributed to the decision to change the name of the "experiences" for EU/UK models.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Richmond VA Demo Car IMG_4507

Same car, same deal. However, it was great to just get a ride-along. Between that and being able to give the cars a full once-over (several times now) and sit in and adjust the driver's seat, all I'm missing so far is the driving experience. Looking forward to it!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Sorry you got such a short time with the car.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
hearing "unbriddled" would make so sad, I'd probably piddle a little.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I went to this "event" too - was underwhelmed, but then again, I got to sit in the car and look at it in person...so scratched that itch. Was hoping they would get their dealer car by now - the GM told me they had planned to let each reservation holder have the car for the day. But I guess it got hung up with the delays.

Mine is suppose to get in third week in February.
Sponsored