Richmond, VA Meetup Saturday April 2, 2022!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Steve, I had an idea for the next meet up.

We can do "bounce" testing. Nobody has actually compared the Select RWD, Select AWD, Premium RWD, GT, GTPE, etc. I know we had at least one Select in our meet up, so maybe there are enough various models to do a decent comparison. I could sit in the passenger seat and do the video recording of the bounce in each model. Then we can post the results in the forum.

Many have asked for how the different models compare, and really I have only seen comparisons between the Premium AWD ER, GT and GTPE. And the comparisons were all subjective, not objective with video evidence.

We would just need to find a road that causes our cars to bounce. There are not many around VA, or at least on the roads I have driven on. We need a road that is easy to get to and easy to do loops on.

Another idea is to do a range test. We could take our cars on a 30 minute loop and then we could compare efficiencies and charge used. That might be fun also.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GT_order_#1001

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
Steve, I had an idea for the next meet up.

We can do "bounce" testing. Nobody has actually compared the Select RWD, Select AWD, Premium RWD, GT, GTPE, etc. I know we had at least one Select in our meet up, so maybe there are enough various models to do a decent comparison. I could sit in the passenger seat and do the video recording of the bounce in each model. Then we can post the results in the forum.

Many have asked for how the different models compare, and really I have only seen comparisons between the Premium AWD ER, GT and GTPE. And the comparisons were all subjective, not objective with video evidence.

We would just need to find a road that causes our cars to bounce. There are not many around VA, or at least on the roads I have driven on. We need a road that is easy to get to and easy to do loops on.

Another idea is to do a range test. We could take our cars on a 30 minute loop and then we could compare efficiencies and charge used. That might be fun also.
Yes, driving our MME "for science!" Both good suggestions, Mike.

I was juggling ideas with my wife last night about potential web, messaging, survey and calendar tools to organize Virginia (and metro DC @ChasingCoral ) owners. A Surveymonkey approach to deciding upcoming events will be implemented.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yes, driving our MME "for science!" Both good suggestions, Mike.

I was juggling ideas with my wife last night about potential web, messaging, survey and calendar tools to organize Virginia (and metro DC @ChasingCoral ) owners. A Surveymonkey approach to deciding upcoming events will be implemented.
Sounds good!

And not just for "science", but to help others who come to the forum looking for answers. đź‘Ť

MadManMoon

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE, 2007 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Don't forget us MD folks! We're not that far away!

Eagertrader

First Name
Norberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e GT
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
We’re back in the DMV after a 1600 miles roundtrip to Florida!

* to charge up to 82/83% from 20% takes up to 40 minutes.
* Apple Car Play continuously dropped the connection.
* Ford Navigation continuously dropped the gps guidance and had to keep re-entering the search address.
* Ford Navigation froze up on me. We moved on but the screen kept frozen at the same location at the charging station. After an hour of driving I got it to move by responding “yes” to “do you want to simulate driving”. When it caught up to approximately where we were it continued on navigating but about a 1/4 mile behind where we were at.
* Ford needs to fix all the glitches and quirks with its software to compete.
* The MME GT drove flawlessly and was lots of fun!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Richmond, VA Meetup Saturday April 2, 2022! 5081923E-AB59-4A27-A6C4-CA31F9F33E93
Sponsored