Slow and Slower

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
I must confess to being very frustrated still waiting for my MME to be delivered.
It is a company lease vehicle was ordered in March 21. Arval, the lease company plased an order on TrustFord in the second half of March. TrustFord only ordered the manufacture of the vehicle in the end of May. Why such a 2 month delay - not sure.

The vehicle was manufactured at the end of June and Sync 4 was updated on 1st July - so Ford, once the manufacturing order was placed, produced the vehicle fairly promptly. However it sat at Veracruz untill it was loaded on the MSC Cristiana mid August and then for the next 1.5 months did a tour of the east coast of Mexico and USA. It was finally unloaded in Antwerp end of September and worked its way through customs and quality checks for the next 2 weeks and then sent to Flushing waiting to be sent over to the UK for about 2 weeks. Its now been in Dagenham for over 2 weeks with no sign of progress. I am assuming it is just outside of the window for the recall (excuse the pun) so why so long? Have others in the UK got their vehicles that were on MSC Cristiana?

I do realise this is me venting my frustration and others who ordered their vehicles earlier had even longer waits but how can a business survive which such a long cycle?

Interesting the only time that the chip shortage was blamed for the delay was after it had been manufactured!
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I must confess to being very frustrated still waiting for my MME to be delivered.
It is a company lease vehicle was ordered in March 21. Arval, the lease company plased an order on TrustFord in the second half of March. TrustFord only ordered the manufacture of the vehicle in the end of May. Why such a 2 month delay - not sure.

The vehicle was manufactured at the end of June and Sync 4 was updated on 1st July - so Ford, once the manufacturing order was placed, produced the vehicle fairly promptly. However it sat at Veracruz untill it was loaded on the MSC Cristiana mid August and then for the next 1.5 months did a tour of the east coast of Mexico and USA. It was finally unloaded in Antwerp end of September and worked its way through customs and quality checks for the next 2 weeks and then sent to Flushing waiting to be sent over to the UK for about 2 weeks. Its now been in Dagenham for over 2 weeks with no sign of progress. I am assuming it is just outside of the window for the recall (excuse the pun) so why so long? Have others in the UK got their vehicles that were on MSC Cristiana?

I do realise this is me venting my frustration and others who ordered their vehicles earlier had even longer waits but how can a business survive which such a long cycle?

Interesting the only time that the chip shortage was blamed for the delay was after it had been manufactured!
That doesn't sound like a great experience so far, and yes while some of us earlier adopters had a long long wait it doesn't make it any easier for you. Just keep in mind that while the waiting is a killer and seems to get worse the closer the car is to you - it's totally worth it when you drive it away for the first time.

I can only guess that you might be stuck in Dagenham due to HGV driver shortages, but it is possible they may be holding cars for other reasons.

If it's any conciliation I have ordered a 2022 model, and I've been quoted 38 weeks (or to put that in real terms - order in mid October - get the car around the end of May 2022) At least I'm lucky enough to be driving a Mach-E already even if it has got a dodgy main display, a loose windscreen, sticky brake pads, a leaky rear windscreen, and needs umpteen software updates to correct some other foibles. ?

MrNuts

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4
Country flag
Regarding the dealer ordering it, its probably them waiting for allocation from Ford, my experience is old, but dealers are allocated cars and they match orders to allocation, chances are they had orders before yours for allocation.
An example, back in the day when I sold BMW's we had a 12 month lead time on X5's, people would "order" an X5 and we would take a deposit, the order paperwork sat in a folder and a Tee card on the admin wall, once we had a car allocated, 12 weeks before delivery, we would then call the customer confirm final spec and value trade in. An extreme example I know but I now work in a large machinery manufacture who supply machines on allocation.
Rest of it, no idea.

OP
OP
grovep

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
Regarding the dealer ordering it, its probably them waiting for allocation from Ford, my experience is old, but dealers are allocated cars and they match orders to allocation, chances are they had orders before yours for allocation.
An example, back in the day when I sold BMW's we had a 12 month lead time on X5's, people would "order" an X5 and we would take a deposit, the order paperwork sat in a folder and a Tee card on the admin wall, once we had a car allocated, 12 weeks before delivery, we would then call the customer confirm final spec and value trade in. An extreme example I know but I now work in a large machinery manufacture who supply machines on allocation.
Rest of it, no idea.
Yeah it could be all sorts - I wondered if there were issues reconciling price the lease company agreed or maybe the person tasked did not know how to order it or simply a mistake which we all make from time to time. I just wished they had better control/flexibility of the transport process to address issues as they arise and prioritise deliveries.

American_in_London

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD-ER Infinite Blue, Mercedes CLC Sport
Country flag

My car was built in mid-June and delivered to Antwerp at the end of September via the same journey on the MSC Cristiana. I've just been told that it will remain in Antwerp to have the front windscreen removed/re-installed and additional sealant to be applied to the panoramic roof. All this means that I won't see a car ordered on 16th Mar 2021 until early 2022. My dealer says that he's not really set up to remove a perfectly good windscreen and replace it without breaking it 50% of time. Without a spare ready to go, he wouldn't be comfortable doing this work in his shop.

OP
OP
grovep

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
My car was built in mid-June and delivered to Antwerp at the end of September via the same journey on the MSC Cristiana. I've just been told that it will remain in Antwerp to have the front windscreen removed/re-installed and additional sealant to be applied to the panoramic roof. All this means that I won't see a car ordered on 16th Mar 2021 until early 2022. My dealer says that he's not really set up to remove a perfectly good windscreen and replace it without breaking it 50% of time. Without a spare ready to go, he wouldn't be comfortable doing this work in his shop.
Sorry to hear that. My build date is 1 July so I think I have just missed the time range for the window /roof recall. Ford dont seem to care much about when they deliver vehicles it seems to be a case of your get it when it suits them. If they were going to do this work at Antwerp, you would hope they would process them quickly and as a priority but with a 2022 delivery date it seems not. Sorry to hear that

dreKion

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER+
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My car was also manufactured on June 14th and I am still waiting for it.

my new due date is December 4th.

OP
OP
grovep

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag

Well I finally took delivery of the car today. So now I have just have to work out how it all works. 3 weeks in Dagenham and 2 weeks at the dealer compound. It looks like I was fortunate in that I do not seem to be in the windscreen / roof recall window. I hope others who were in simialr timescales have already got theirs or get them soon.

American_in_London

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD-ER Infinite Blue, Mercedes CLC Sport
Country flag
I've just been informed that my car has made it to Dagenham with delivery to my dealer by 18th Dec. I'm not sure what has happened with respect to the windscreen and panoramic roof.

snavemot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
My build date was 29/6/21 - but I ordered as a company car in August 2021. Assume I got lucky and taking on someone else's order.

Timing-wise, everything seemed to have gone fine but surprised that the last stage of delivery from dealership has taken 3 weeks. Car arrives this Thursday

dreKion

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD ER+
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've just been informed that my car has made it to Dagenham with delivery to my dealer by 18th Dec. I'm not sure what has happened with respect to the windscreen and panoramic roof.
Mine has also arrived in Spain, my delivery date is supposedly the 17th.
Sponsored