Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Ok, I know in most cases this is not a big deal but when you have a car that is soooo quiet a rattly tailgate is extremely annoying.

This thread is going to be a bit of a WIP I have an idea of what's causing the rattle and and idea to fix it.

Let's start with the problem. It appears the plastic trim pieces are rattling off of the composite frame of the rear decklid. There is no way to tighten them so I am going to improvise with some rubber trim stripping.

I bought some weather-stripping rubber trim from Amazon link below

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVDLVNK3?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

You pull off the trim from around the window and be careful my car the clip supports broke in two places and I had to glue them. Then install the rubber weather stripping on the end of the trim pieces that touch the rear deck lid and hopefully, that makes enough difference

Keep you posed

20230606_122029.jpg

20230606_122022.jpg

20230606_122018.jpg

Last edited:

sacballa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, I know in most cases this is not a big deal but when you have a car that is soooo quiet a rattly tailgate is extremely annoying.

This thread is going to be a bit of a WIP I have an idea of what's causing the rattle and and idea to fix it.

Let's start with the problem. It appears the plastic trim pieces are rattling off of the composite frame of the rear decklid. There is no way to tighten them so I am going to improvise with some rubber trim stripping.

You pull off the trim from around the window and be careful my car the clip supports broke in two places and I had to glue them. Then install the rubber weather stripping on the end of the trim pieces that touch the rear deck lid and hopefully, that makes enough difference

Keep you posed

20230606_122029.jpg

20230606_122022.jpg

20230606_122018.jpg

Keep you posed

Ford Mustang Mach-E So my tailgate has developed a rattle. 20230606_122018

did you fix the rattle?