Soon to be Mach E owner!

Radiancemache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
After test driving the Volvo XC40, Volkswagen ID4, (skipped Tesla due to no rebate), we landed on the Mustang Mach E extended rwd. Car is gorgeous. Volvo seats were a bit more comfortable, but as to the overall driving experience, it was Mach E hands down.
I’m about to take my first long distance trip from N Florida to just north of Atlanta Ga (est distance just over 300 which is about max for the extended range). I’m using the PlugShare app and Ford app to plot the trip. But can anyone provide advise for planning “longer trips” as this will be my first. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Radiancemache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Awesome, thanks and will do!
Got it, seems cool and plotted same route. Only other question is what payment apps should I have? I have ChargePoint, EVConnect, and EVGo. But was recently at a Fairfield Inn and couldn’t use their EVLink.

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
Got it, seems cool and plotted same route. Only other question is what payment apps should I have? I have ChargePoint, EVConnect, and EVGo. But was recently at a Fairfield Inn and couldn’t use their EVLink.
I went ahead and got 'em all, just in case. EA, Greenlots, Plugshare, ChargeHub, ABRP, ChargePoint, Plugshare, EVGo and Blink. I also got all of the little fob card things for the ones that have them. (annnnd just downloaded EVConnect) ;)

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Make sure you've got accounts setup with whatever stations are along your route. ChargePoint, EVGo, and Electrify America are a good start. In theory, all of those can be activated with the FordPass app, but I wouldn't count on it. I've never used EVLink, but you may need to get a card from them if they don't have an app.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Congrats! We haven’t received ours yet but I am already planning a road trip up to Panama City which is about 400 miles.
Sponsored