Stereo question for Select trim

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Silver
Country flag
Recently got the Select trim and love everything about it except the stereo. Ive read many complaints about it on this site and was happy to see that switching to surround sound was an option. But when i go into sound settings, there's no option for surround sound. Is this normal for the Select trim? I've looked at you tube videos and am sure i'm in the correct menu on the tablet. If it's not option, then my follow up question is whether anybody has replaced speakers vs the entire radio to improve sound. I'm not an audiophile and suspect surround would make a huge difference. I'd like to do the cheapest upgrade without messing with the car's electronic system. Thanks.
Sponsored

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Recently got the Select trim and love everything about it except the stereo. Ive read many complaints about it on this site and was happy to see that switching to surround sound was an option. But when i go into sound settings, there's no option for surround sound. Is this normal for the Select trim? I've looked at you tube videos and am sure i'm in the correct menu on the tablet. If it's not option, then my follow up question is whether anybody has replaced speakers vs the entire radio to improve sound. I'm not an audiophile and suspect surround would make a huge difference. I'd like to do the cheapest upgrade without messing with the car's electronic system. Thanks.
I have not seen a "surround" setting...there is Treble/Mid/Bass .....there is however a setting to adjust for the "driver" or "all seats".....perhaps try to see if that setting changes things for you. I read somewhere else that maybe there are software updates needed for your car?

To my ears the sound system in the Select sounds just fine...like every other car I have (Subarus with Harmon Kardon). I do notice a difference in sound quality between radio, Spotify, XM. Also yesterday I noticed the buttons on the steering wheel to advance the station is not working for XM radio stations....only radio.

jgargano44

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Select
Country flag
I'm not quite sure what "surround sound" would be in a car stereo. I haven't seen that option. But since the speakers are placed at the outside corners of where you are sitting in the car isn't it kinda surround sound by default?

However, I have a Select as well and I added a subwoofer to the setup which improved overall sound. I haven't replaced the speakers as of yet. Maybe when there is a plug and play option I will.

bgentilesco

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM Premium
Occupation
Project manager
Country flag
To my ears the sound system in the Select sounds just fine...like every other car I have (Subarus with Harmon Kardon). I do notice a difference in sound quality between radio, Spotify, XM. Also yesterday I noticed the buttons on the steering wheel to advance the station is not working for XM radio stations....only radio.
This is the biggest factor. Listening to Sirius over satellite has such an atrocious bitrate, they try to compensate by beefing up the bass. Listening on the Sirius app makes even a dramatic different. FWIW - I don't have my MME yet, but I had an Escape and Edge with B&O sound systems where I prefer the Sirius app because of the audio degradation over Satellite.

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
I'm not quite sure what "surround sound" would be in a car stereo. I haven't seen that option. But since the speakers are placed at the outside corners of where you are sitting in the car isn't it kinda surround sound by default?

However, I have a Select as well and I added a subwoofer to the setup which improved overall sound. I haven't replaced the speakers as of yet. Maybe when there is a plug and play option I will.
What did you go with for the subwoofer? Easy to install?

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

It’s definitely an option on the Premium line, and it makes the B&O stereo sound about 10 times better than it does without the option being turned on. That said, it still pales in comparison to some other stock stereos I’ve had in cars (notably the ELS Audio system in the Acura RDX), but if you have the option, turn it on.

jgargano44

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What did you go with for the subwoofer? Easy to install?
I put in a Kicker HS10 powered sub enclosure. For the speaker input I tapped into the rear speaker wire that is running under the foot panels of the front doors on each side of the car.

Sub.jpeg

MachEZRt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CRT1 AWD (Ordered), 21 MME SR Select
Country flag
I put in a Kicker HS10 powered sub enclosure. For the speaker input I tapped into the rear speaker wire that is running under the foot panels of the front doors on each side of the car.

Sub.jpeg
Very cool and clean! How about the power? How’d you run that?

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Try downloading some hi bit (320) MP3 rate music files on a USB drive from Amazon or Apple and try the Select system again. With good music, I found it sounds terrific. Lots of mirrors shaking bass from the doors.

jgargano44

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
I put in the HS8! Hello fellow Kicker Owner!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stereo question for Select trim 2716278A-005C-4A7D-AB48-00F2C85269E2

I was able to get the remote up in the center console - highly recommended!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Stereo question for Select trim F18C3628-0FB9-4E4A-A1FE-7ECAF68D8102

Adding a sub made the base select stereo significantly better. Helps round out the low end.

aasagamore

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Stereo question for Select trim F18C3628-0FB9-4E4A-A1FE-7ECAF68D8102

I ended up getting the same subwoofer. Getting ready to install sometime this week in my Select. Did you tap into both the left and right speakers, or just one side?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I ended up getting the same subwoofer. Getting ready to install sometime this week in my Select. Did you tap into both the left and right speakers, or just one side?
You’re better off using both. That way you get bass from both left and right channels. Sometimes a song or something will only have a deep sound on the left or right and you’ll want to have the sub pick up that note all the time.

87450kalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Country flag
Hey! Almost a year since last comment but maybe someone can give some more details how to tap in to the rear door speaker channels on the Mach e Select?
Sponsored