Dpiva

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT 23
Country flag
Starting to fill out form 8936 and upon checking the IRS Page it doesn't list the 23 models under the qualifying list how is everyone filling their form? Also for the value do you list the MSRP or total value with tax?
Another issue i came across is from the CA CVRP which as someone else posted does not recognize the 23 models as part of their list and only have 3 months to apply from the date of purchase "The VIN entered on your application does not indicate the vehicle is a Ford Mustang Mach-E. Please verify your VIN, selected vehicle model and trim. If issues persist, please contact CVRP staff at 866.984.2532 to continue."
Upon calling the number they only suggested to call ford and check with them when the 23 models will qualify, whereas on the ford website does say it qualifies so who knows 🤷‍♂️

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 12.33.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 12.40.54 PM.png

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Probably 1/2 dozen threads on this.

1) The 2023 qualifies for the 2022 federal tax credit just fine. It is assembled in North America. Use the VIN decoder on the IRS website if you doubt that.

2) People can't apply for the California rebate until California adds the 2023 to its site.

Susanmcc

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have received notice:
Thank you for reaching out. Ford has submitted their documentation to get the Mustang Mach E on CVRP’s eligibility list, and it’s close to being finalized I’m confident it will be on the website soon, and certainly before your 90 day window to submit your application.

Check back to the website weekly, and if it’s not there by the end of January, please send a follow-up email and we’ll check on the status.

Sincerely,

CVRP Case Evaluations Team

California Air Resources Board
Sponsored