The TheInEVitable Podcast from Motor Trend w/ Jim Farley and Doug Field

mpellerito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I happened to see someone post on twitter about this podcast called TheInEvitable by Motor Trend where they had two separate interviews with Jim Farley and Doug Field (each of them were posted about a week ago). I felt like they really gave a lot of candid responses about the current state of EVs and where they see EVs and Ford currently and in the future. So I thought that people on here might be interested in hearing their thoughts. And sorry if this was already mentioned in another post. I tried to do a search on the site, but didn't see anything mentioned.

The interview with Jim Farley they talked for a bit about the switch to NACS and how Ford had been looking into the transition since last year and even before NACS was announced by Tesla. They also talked a bit more about the split of Ford Blue and Model E and even Jim's view on the transition to EVs and went a little into subscription services. I also appreciated his view on the idea that the vehicles need to be more efficient and don't just throw the biggest battery possible in them. Instead his view as give them a reasonable range and give the vehicles a better charging curve.

Then the interview with Doug Field (he's Ford's Chief Advanced Product Development & Technology Officer and came from Apple and helped develop the Model 3 at Tesla for those who haven't heard his name) went into a lot of details on his thoughts around the software and how they're continuing to get the right people to develop it for Ford's vehicles. He also went through his thoughts on subscriptions and I thought one of his great points was something when it first comes out might be a subscription, but over time as it becomes more available they would shift to having it included within the purchase of the car. So not going down the path that Mercedes went and trying to be practical in their approach to subscriptions.

Podcast Episode w/ Jim Farley -
Podcast Episode w/ Doug Field -
Sponsored