cloh76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav 4; Mach-e
Country flag
Here. Ford insiders have posted about most updates before they were released publicly.

Also, NHTSA. Check the "manufacturer communications" for your vehicle (here's the link for 2021 RWD):

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2021/FORD/MUSTANG%2520MACH-E/SUV/RWD#manufacturerCommunications

Here is a software update listing from late August that details past, present, and future (1.8.0) updates:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10200895-0001.pdf
Thanks!
Sponsored

cloh76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav 4; Mach-e
Country flag
Now that I look at it... The latest update I have is 1.4.0 on my Mach-E. When I check for updates it says I am up-to-date, however, In the list, I see 1.6.0, 1.7.1, and 1.8.0. Why am I not getting those updates which should have been available a while back?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
AFAIK Blue Cruise hasn't been released for OTA install. There's a big difference between a PC connected to the car by an experienced engineer installing the update and an unattended wifi connection installing the update many miles from an experienced engineer.

BlueCruise may be ready but the process of installing it perfectly remotely may not be. It could be a very complicated install that hasn't been automated yet. If the PAAK update requires a dealer install this might even be too complicated for dealers to install.

Is that a legitimate reason?
No, it’s not a legitimate answer. We were promised that this car was capable of being updated OTA, and BlueCruise (whatever name they gave/give it) was specifically listed as an update they not only could, but actually would be doing that way.

if there is some technical reason like you are speculating, why have they not given us the option to bring the car into a dealership service center to get the update?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
No, it’s not a legitimate answer. We were promised that this car was capable of being updated OTA, and BlueCruise (whatever name they gave/give it) was specifically listed as an update they not only could, but actually would be doing that way.

if there is some technical reason like you are speculating, why have they not given us the option to bring the car into a dealership service center to get the update?
I’m pretty sure I’ve been saying the exact same thing ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
AFAIK Blue Cruise hasn't been released for OTA install. There's a big difference between a PC connected to the car by an experienced engineer installing the update and an unattended wifi connection installing the update many miles from an experienced engineer.

BlueCruise may be ready but the process of installing it perfectly remotely may not be. It could be a very complicated install that hasn't been automated yet. If the PAAK update requires a dealer install this might even be too complicated for dealers to install.

Is that a legitimate reason?
I have tried chasing down the rabbit hole at Ford with this and have gotten very frustrating answers. The most curious ones have been the ones along the lines of “the software doesn’t work yet, so they’ve stopped deployment while they fix it.”

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Now that I look at it... The latest update I have is 1.4.0 on my Mach-E. When I check for updates it says I am up-to-date, however, In the list, I see 1.6.0, 1.7.1, and 1.8.0. Why am I not getting those updates which should have been available a while back?
No one on the forum has reported receipt of Power-Up 1.8.0. So consider that one a planned update, not a widely available one.

As for 1.6.0 and 1.7.1, sadly, the version numbering that we see on the System Updates screen is not super meaningful on the Mach-E, because some Power-Up may be installed in different orders and it's still perfectly ok. It would be more useful if we were able to see the specific firmware/calibration version at each individual module of the vehicle, rather than just a single number roll up. But right now, we can't see that.

However, those with active FDRS subscriptions, such as certified Ford technicians, can see this level of detail. So if you have a specific concern with your vehicle, like the audio system stops working or whatever, then you would bring it to a dealer, they'd diagnose and repair items for that concern (if possible).

Until/unless we get better details through the in-vehicle display, the reasonable alternative to know if you're up to date is to check for observable differences...

1.6.0 was "minor bug fixes" so nothing to see there.

1.7.1 addresses some noticeable bugs and adds some new features. The easiest one to look for is the new Notes app, in your apps drawer. (Touch the profile icon at the top center of the display.)

You probably don't have 1.7.1 yet. It's in the middle of a slow, staged rollout at the moment. I just got it earlier this week.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I have 1.7.1 and you’re not missing much. Adding the Apple CarPlay turn by turn directions to the IPC is nice. Notes is so stupid. Haven’t noticed any bug fixes or PAAK improvement. It does not include the one bug fix I’ve been waiting on for over 6mos.

cloh76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav 4; Mach-e
Country flag
No one on the forum has reported receipt of Power-Up 1.8.0. So consider that one a planned update, not a widely available one.

As for 1.6.0 and 1.7.1, sadly, the version numbering that we see on the System Updates screen is not super meaningful on the Mach-E, because some Power-Up may be installed in different orders and it's still perfectly ok. It would be more useful if we were able to see the specific firmware/calibration version at each individual module of the vehicle, rather than just a single number roll up. But right now, we can't see that.

However, those with active FDRS subscriptions, such as certified Ford technicians, can see this level of detail. So if you have a specific concern with your vehicle, like the audio system stops working or whatever, then you would bring it to a dealer, they'd diagnose and repair items for that concern (if possible).

Until/unless we get better details through the in-vehicle display, the reasonable alternative to know if you're up to date is to check for observable differences...

1.6.0 was "minor bug fixes" so nothing to see there.

1.7.1 addresses some noticeable bugs and adds some new features. The easiest one to look for is the new Notes app, in your apps drawer. (Touch the profile icon at the top center of the display.)

You probably don't have 1.7.1 yet. It's in the middle of a slow, staged rollout at the moment. I just got it earlier this week.
Thanks. Definitely good to know. I definitely don't have the 1.7.1 Update yet since I don't have the notes app. Guess I'll just have to sit and wait longer until the update(s) get to me.
Sponsored