UK Ford Pass Remote features

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Apologies if this is already asked (couldn't find in search) but is there any insight as to when we'll start to get some parity in the UK to the USA remote features in the Ford Pass app? I'm not even talking about full PaaK, just more standard tasks like opening the boot & windows which I see icons for in various screenshots posted in the USA posts here.
Sponsored

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I don’t know why they can’t add the frunk open or windows open but not door open for the UK only. Probably never I would guess.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Apologies if this is already asked (couldn't find in search) but is there any insight as to when we'll start to get some parity in the UK to the USA remote features in the Ford Pass app? I'm not even talking about full PaaK, just more standard tasks like opening the boot & windows which I see icons for in various screenshots posted in the USA posts here.
Unfortunately it’s all tied into the PaaK package that uses the Bluetooth technology - so as a result it’s disabled.

Handy hint though - did you know you can open and close all the windows using the buttons on your keyfob?

g8mb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
Ford decided not to include the RFA module, which enables BT, BLE and those features due to the insurance regulator thatcham,so we get a better classification, these features were too progressive for UK Ford and the UK seems to be the only market without the RFA module such a shame as you just pop over the France and the Mach-e have everything…we might see a real mustang fob with a frunk button for the uk one day and we should get some discount due to the removal of hardware on the car at least…

OP
OP

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ford decided not to include the RFA module, which enables BT, BLE and those features due to the insurance regulator thatcham,so we get a better classification, these features were too progressive for UK Ford and the UK seems to be the only market without the RFA module such a shame as you just pop over the France and the Mach-e have everything…we might see a real mustang fob with a frunk button for the uk one day and we should get some discount due to the removal of hardware on the car at least…
Urgh, so it's not even a software issue but something not in the hardware? That's not great, given I was really banking on the proposed frunk release in the app at least. I'm not holding my breath for renewed keys so guess this is something I'll have to live with. Frustrating amount of compromise/unfinished aspects with this car when it comes to the technology side.

Thanks for the clarification at least all!

Applecross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, SR RWD
Country flag
Ouch, that’s pants. I was really hoping to get the ability to open the frunk via the app.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Strange you can unlock the doors with the Fordpass app. So they should be able to use similar method for the frunk. However this requires programming just for the UK so don’t expect it’s worth the work for them.
Sponsored