Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
So, our MME is being "born" in the next couple of days since it started production last week. When does the car actually "wake up" electronically where you can communicate with it via the Ford phone application. I was trying to find out if there was a "track my car" part of the application that can show a location similar to a cell phone. Since the car has cellular capability it seems that it could be tracked like a phone to find its location. Is this something that happens when it is initially "turned on" at the factory or after it is delivered to the dealership. The Ford site said our vehicle was to be delivered approx. April 8th. Dealer called me yesterday to let me know they expect delivery the second week of April. As far as the tracking site shows the vehicle is still in production for a week now. Would be nice if we could track and locate the vehicle via our phone.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The option to activate the car will appear soon in the app. But you won’t be able to track it or do anything useful unless somebody in the car accepts the activation request.

Your delivery date may be a little optimistic. Mine was built 1/19, shipped 2/9 and has an ETA of 4/2.

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The option to activate the car will appear soon in the app. But you won’t be able to track it or do anything useful unless somebody in the car accepts the activation request.

Your delivery date may be a little optimistic. Mine was built 1/19, shipped 2/9 and has an ETA of 4/2.
Yea, I thought the delivery date was on the early side by about three weeks. Can always hope they are getting the snafu's out of the process.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So, our MME is being "born" in the next couple of days since it started production last week. When does the car actually "wake up" electronically where you can communicate with it via the Ford phone application. I was trying to find out if there was a "track my car" part of the application that can show a location similar to a cell phone. Since the car has cellular capability it seems that it could be tracked like a phone to find its location. Is this something that happens when it is initially "turned on" at the factory or after it is delivered to the dealership. The Ford site said our vehicle was to be delivered approx. April 8th. Dealer called me yesterday to let me know they expect delivery the second week of April. As far as the tracking site shows the vehicle is still in production for a week now. Would be nice if we could track and locate the vehicle via our phone.
Yeah. That would be cool.

The manual makes reference to at least three different modes. Factory Mode, Transport Mode and Drive Mode. There might be more that I havent discovered yet.....expecting there to also be an Engineering Mode like Ford's other electrified vehicles but havent found it yet either.

While in Drive (or normal) Mode, there is a way for Ford or the dealer to track the vehicle with GPS using the on board modem but I dont know if that works in any other mode. Many dealers dont even know how to use that system anyway. It appears to be fairly new and requires some specific details about the car. Details that have to be mined from some other systems and you have to know what you are looking for because it isnt easy to identify. At least it wasnt easy for me to do it for my car.

OP
OP
jeffdawgfan

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I wonder how like on emergency services like OnStar if you have an accident or hit the 911 button they can locate the car....Looks like you should be able to locate your on car in a similar manner....Like tracking your teenager via their cell phone.
Sponsored