Where are these non-obvious USB ports located per the MME manual?

gomezjr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E RWD EB
Country flag
Surprised my search hasn't really hit anything here in the forums ... and apparently I'm blind. But the manual just states in text the following USB port locations pasted below.

Obviously I see the USB-A and USB-C ports under the touchscreen (is the wireless charger bay considered the "media bin" here?) and the same combo in the "rear of the center console". But I can't seem to find any of these other mentioned USB ports. "On the lower instrument panel"? Inside the center console (I only see the covered 12V plug in there)? And there is an actual USB port back in the cargo area (again, I only see the 12V plug)? Where are these??

Data Transfer USB Ports
Ford Mustang Mach-E Where are these non-obvious USB ports located per the MME manual? imagen2

The USB ports are in the following locations:

• On the lower instrument panel.
  • Inside the media bin.
  • Inside the center console.
Note: These USB ports can also charge devices.
Note: Not all USB ports in your vehicle have data transfer capabilities.
Note: We recommend using only USB-IF certified cables and adapters. Non-certified cables and adapters may not work.

Charge Only USB Ports
Ford Mustang Mach-E Where are these non-obvious USB ports located per the MME manual? imagen2

• Inside the media bin below the instrument panel.
  • On the rear of the center console.
  • In the cargo area.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
One each USB-A and USB-C located below the big center display. One each on th back end of the center console where rear seat passengers can access them.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Surprised my search hasn't really hit anything here in the forums ... and apparently I'm blind. But the manual just states in text the following USB port locations below.

Obviously I see the USB-A and USB-C ports under the touchscreen (is the wireless charger bay considered the "media bin" here?) and the same combo in the "rear of the center console". But I can't seem to find any of these other mentioned USB ports. "On the lower instrument panel"? Inside the center console (I only see the covered 12V plug in there)? And there is an actual USB port back in the cargo area (again, I only see the 12V plug)? Where are these??

Data Transfer USB Ports

• On the lower instrument panel.
  • Inside the media bin.
Note: These USB ports can also charge devices.
Note: Not all USB ports in your vehicle have data transfer capabilities.
Note: We recommend using only USB-IF certified cables and adapters. Non-certified cables and adapters may not work.

Charge Only USB Ports

• Inside the media bin below the instrument panel.
  • On the rear of the center console.
  • In the cargo area.
That looks like someone conflated USB charging with the 12 volt cigarette-lighter style chargers into one very incorrect list of bullets.