MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
My MME had its first real glitch after 8 months and 13K miles of ownership. Couple days ago I did as I normally would when the car is plugged in - remote start it 5-10 minutes before I leave to warm up the cabin. As soon as I pressed the charger release latch, all 5 segments of the ring of LEDs lit up red. I actually said to myself aloud uh oh. Got in the car, the cabin was nice and warm as usual. As soon as I started the car, wrench icon lit up and service vehicle soon message popped up. I drove off anyway. Within a couple of miles I noticed that the heat wasn't working, confirmed by the trip computer showing 0% climate use, and then I noticed a faint clunking sound coming from the rear when the car was in motion. Got to where I needed to go, about 6 miles, shut off the car, and then I got the message from FP - powertrain malfunction/reduced power.

I was dreading the whole time that I'd have to deal with taking the car in for service. 30 minutes later got back into the car and all was fine ? ? The alert in FP was cleared up. Clunk was gone and heat was working. Anyone saw something similar before? Does my MME have self healing ability?

wrench.JPG
Sponsored