1st time EV owner: MME infinite blue, premium, AWD, extended range

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Tl;dr: absolutely love this car!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1st time EV owner: MME infinite blue, premium, AWD, extended range 20210329_130343

Long version: I've been driving an old (170k+ miles) ICE SUV that was my first car and still runs ok, although maintenance bills have started creeping up. For the past few months I've been researching and test driving replacement cars, leaning heavily towards the Volvo XC60 and the Jaguar F pace (both regular ICE).

Unfortunately it's been impossible to A) find the exact trim I wanted, and B) get a favorable price on the F pace. To this end, I expanded my search and started looking into EVs as well.

I only learned of the Mach-E about 3 weeks ago while I was searching and it seemed like a great fit for me based on initial reviews and videos. I test drove one and really liked it, so I went to try to order one.

This is where the problems started - impossible to see if a dealer had it in stock (online searches showed in stock, phone calls told me they were in stock...when I got to the dealer it was either already tied to an order or it was still in transit).

Undeterred, I pressed on, calling dozens and dozens of dealers and pushing them (rather than sales people pushing me for once) into selling me this car. I also wanted to use the Ford X Plan pricing, but most dealers were not participating and worse, were charging ADM.

I finally found a dealer about 1.5 hrs away that had my trim and color in stock and honored Ford X plan. Success! Or so I thought. In my home state (NJ), EVs are exempt from sales tax. This dealer was in another state which I didn't think would be a problem. Instead it turned into a 6 hour problem.

Eventually I got what I wanted. Premium Mach-E in the beautiful infinite blue. Paid about $1k under MSRP. And paid $0 sales tax. I'm loving it so far!

Thanks to all on this forum for posting so many insights, as this is what helped push me to ditching ICE and into my first ever EV!
Sponsored

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Tl;dr: absolutely love this car!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 1st time EV owner: MME infinite blue, premium, AWD, extended range 20210329_130343

Long version: I've been driving an old (170k+ miles) ICE SUV that was my first car and still runs ok, although maintenance bills have started creeping up. For the past few months I've been researching and test driving replacement cars, leaning heavily towards the Volvo XC60 and the Jaguar F pace (both regular ICE).

Unfortunately it's been impossible to A) find the exact trim I wanted, and B) get a favorable price on the F pace. To this end, I expanded my search and started looking into EVs as well.

I only learned of the Mach-E about 3 weeks ago while I was searching and it seemed like a great fit for me based on initial reviews and videos. I test drove one and really liked it, so I went to try to order one.

This is where the problems started - impossible to see if a dealer had it in stock (online searches showed in stock, phone calls told me they were in stock...when I got to the dealer it was either already tied to an order or it was still in transit).

Undeterred, I pressed on, calling dozens and dozens of dealers and pushing them (rather than sales people pushing me for once) into selling me this car. I also wanted to use the Ford X Plan pricing, but most dealers were not participating and worse, were charging ADM.

I finally found a dealer about 1.5 hrs away that had my trim and color in stock and honored Ford X plan. Success! Or so I thought. In my home state (NJ), EVs are exempt from sales tax. This dealer was in another state which I didn't think would be a problem. Instead it turned into a 6 hour problem.

Eventually I got what I wanted. Premium Mach-E in the beautiful infinite blue. Paid about $1k under MSRP. And paid $0 sales tax. I'm loving it so far!

Thanks to all on this forum for posting so many insights, as this is what helped push me to ditching ICE and into my first ever EV!
Congrats! Hard work and perseverance pays off.
My first EV is the same model and equally a struggle to get mine.
Did you get the black or light gray interior?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Similar situation too. I have the light interior.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Light grey - I love the look!
Woohoo!
Me too, I was nervous (kids and dog) however, they never got in any of my other commuters much.
I have a feeling everyone will spend more time in this commuter ? rightly so.
The more I seen online the more the gray grows on me. Can’t wait to pick her up.

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
I have the same one, had to drive to Lynchburg Va. 5-1/2 hours from me. Guy ordered but couldn't take delivery, was moving. They had it for 4 days, got very lucky finding the color and trim I wanted.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It points out that yes it's still hard to get what you want, especially if you did not order one. I think it would be interesting to see in the coming year just how many people got their Mach E off the lot. There seems to be a lot of "walk on" Mach E sales.
Sponsored