Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'd love to see the following:
1. The Volume knob should become "programmable", or at least the user can select from a variety functions to assign to it

2. Better colors, more trims and options. This would start to make it feel more Mustang. Add Highland Green, please!
Maybe a "track mode" for non-GTs
Sponsored

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
1. 72,000 in MY2021 (including all models and markets)
2. September 3 2021
3. 3.2 seconds
4. Not until MY2022
5. Too many to count
6. Same
7. Nothing major
8. Two more shades of gray
9. Yes
10. 12
11. a. Tesla will be included in wrongful death suits over false claims regarding FSD and Autopilot.
b. Most new BEVs planned for 2021 and 2022 release will be late
c. batteries will get cheaper
d. Co-Pilot Assist Hands-Free will be awesome
Those are actually pretty good predictions!

And I know the Shelb-E coupe will be announced the day after I receive my GT ?.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
To me that seems like it must have been the intent of the designers but the software wasn't done for launch, it's just *too* logical to have the knob be contextual.
I think one of our insiders on this forum alluded to this at some point. Given OTA and that the knob is just resting on top of screen real estate, I agree that it makes way too much sense to NOT limit that functionality to music volume forever. Fan speed, temp control, scrolling through turn-by-turn direction steps, etc. There are lots of potential uses.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
  • Decontenting of the Select and addition of additional “Packages”
  • Slight decontenting of the base Premium and the addition of 2 or 3 packages
  • None of the packages will be significant functional changes to the vehicle - think “comfort and convenience” - floor mats, illuminated door sills, more adjustments to power seats, that kind of thing.
  • Slight exterior color adjustments - one color added perhaps and one color deleted
Basically, I think Ford is going to use the follow-on model year to tweak the design to take out cost and optimize content mix to real-world customer demand. Nothing earth-shattering new will be introduced on the hardware side.
The wildcard is the OTA updates. What’s their software development approach? How about software deployment? Are they going for the trendy agile and very rapid (“move fast and break things”)? Are their consumer release cycles going to be longer, with very extensive testing before release, meaning perhaps 1-2 updates per calendar year? Here’s a way to think of it: in the windows world, you’re checking for, and updating windows weekly, and some of those are IMPORTANT updates. In the macOS world, many months can go by before a minor update is released.
Sponsored