21/22 EA vehicles not getting the latest updates (FDRS users only)?

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
If you don't use FDRS or didn't install the IPC update that first showed up the last week of july, ignore this thread.

During the last week of july, FDRS showed an IPC update that caused the issue (if installed). The update brought the IPC up to the 23's software prematurely / out of order. This update causes a failure that you won't even see any signs of outside of not getting updates. The GWM and APIM updates won't post to the car -- they were showing as available for sometime but when trying to install them they'd fail because of the 23's software on the IPC. They've since vanished.

There's no easy fix to this as an end user with FDRS and/or forscan. It can be seen on ford's end which is how I discovered the issue was present due to external assistance. Ford is going to have to fix this and they may be testing such on their end as their master system can be queried about the condition. As such if you're in EA and you're not getting the updates the thing to do now unfortunately is hurry up and wait. While ford should have told those about the issue, they've chosen to say nothing hoping to fix it before it was noticed. Well it's noticed and public. Your move @Ford Motor Company

EDIT: This was triggered by a premature IPC update released the last week of July and only pertains to those who installed it.. If you have FDRS, update regularly, and updated the IPC around the last week of july to the present, you've kinda put yourself into this hole upon further digging. It's being worked on behind the scenes.

IF you installed the IPC update mentioned above and have not had any subsequent updates, PM @benk016 with your VIN to confirm you're facing this issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
It seems that about 5 or 6 weeks ago in the 1.3 push for EA vehicles, ford updated IPCs OTA to that of the 23 software. This update causes a failure that you won't even see any signs of outside of not getting updates. The GWM and APIM updates won't post to the car -- they were showing as available for sometime but when trying to install them they'd fail because of the 23's software on the IPC. They've since vanished.

There's no easy fix to this as an end user with FDRS and/or forscan. It can be seen on ford's end which is how I discovered the issue was present due to external assistance. Ford is going to have to fix this and they may be testing such on their end as their master system can be queried about the condition. As such if you're in EA and you're not getting the updates the thing to do now unfortunately is hurry up and wait. While ford should have told those about the issue, they've chosen to say nothing hoping to fix it before it was noticed. Well it's noticed and public. Your move @Ford Motor Company
I had been stuck, but got 6.1 last week. Would this be for folks who dont have 6.1? Or all of use waiting on 6.2....6.3....

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I had been stuck, but got 6.1 last week. Would this be for folks who dont have 6.1? Or all of use waiting on 6.2....6.3....
Not sure, I rectified this last week and immediately got a few updates including 6.2. GWM, APIM, SCCM.

Last edited:

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
FWIW - I haven't done FDRS updates since mid august, didn't do an IPC update. I got 6.1.0 via OTA, and haven't gotten 6.2.0 or 6.3.0.
I'm pretty sure the IPC update you're referring to was never released OTA. 5.1.1 was GWM

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
FWIW - I haven't done FDRS updates since mid august, didn't do an IPC update. I got 6.1.0 via OTA, and haven't gotten 6.2.0 or 6.3.0.
I'm pretty sure the IPC update you're referring to was never released OTA. 5.1.1 was GWM
Did it trigger these updates in FDRS, or via OTA?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
FWIW - I haven't done FDRS updates since mid august, didn't do an IPC update. I got 6.1.0 via OTA, and haven't gotten 6.2.0 or 6.3.0
What you are experiencing is something else entirely and not related to this post

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
This may or may not include 22 model years, only with querying the community can this be ascertained. It's for-sure on the 21s.

OP updated

Last edited:

hbirring01

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
21 Job 1 in EA and got 6.1.0 but nothing after that....

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This thread ONLY possibly applies to people who have had recent updates done with FDRS.

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
This was triggered by a premature IPC update release around the fist of August. If you have FDRS, update regularly, and updated the IPC around the 1st of august, you've kinda put yourself into this hole upon further digging. It's being worked on behind the scenes.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
This thread ONLY possibly applies to people who have had recent updates done with FDRS.
Ok thank you. This is what I was trying to clarify.

I was confused by this:
It seems that about 5 or 6 weeks ago in the 1.3 push for EA vehicles, ford updated IPCs OTA to that of the 23 software.
Keep in mind, updates can silently post to the vehicle OTA. Just because you didn't do something or get notified of something is not in any way to be taken as something wasn't done. With EA they just push things, that's what you signed up for.
I could be wrong, but to my understanding silent OTAs either aren't a thing, or they haven't been using this feature.
I was under the impression they could make server side changes silently (like activating Bluecruise or Charge Assistant) but any actually software updates came along with a Ford Pass notification.

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
I could be wrong, but to my understanding silent OTAs either aren't a thing, or they haven't been using this feature.
I was under the impression they could make server side changes silently (like activating Bluecruise or Charge Assistant) but any actually software updates came along with a Ford Pass notification.
Updates can be pushed silently and can update more than one module. Not sure if they're doing this or not as they really like to say 'look, we're doing something', even if it's nonstop updates preparing the car for future updates.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Updates can be pushed silently and can update more than one module. Not sure if they're doing this or not as they really like to say 'look, we're doing something', even if it's nonstop updates preparing the car for future updates.
That's good to know they've got that ability. Well I'm glad to have at least verified that this particular issue is not an OTA one.

OP
OP
Hammered

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
That's good to know they've got that ability. Well I'm glad to have at least verified that this particular issue is not an OTA one.
One step to finding the solution is to see who was affected. The FDRS installed IPC update (prematurely released) around the first of august is pointing to be the culprit. Mine was installed 01-AUG

Deleted member 16048

Honestly I think this goes to show that people should wait for them to install OTA and have some patience. FDRS should be used only to correct issues.
Sponsored