Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Grabber Blue First Editio
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Hello all,

Does anyone have any updated information regarding when my $600.00 investment into a self driving program that has been less than stellar might be updated with improvements? Tired of calling Ford and getting nowhere
Sponsored

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Sadly soon is the best answer you will get. Long story short, it sounds like that ran into technical issues pushing out the updates to enable the BlueCruise 1.2+ version and are trying to work thru those issues before starting that back up. Seems like updates have started coming out to address those issues so hopefully soon comes soon.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Hello all,

Does anyone have any updated information regarding when my $600.00 investment into a self driving program that has been less than stellar might be updated with improvements? Tired of calling Ford and getting nowhere
I paid $600 PLUS an additional $1900 for the BC hardware back in October 2021 and Iā€™m still on BC 1.0.

Why are you calling Ford after only 3 months expecting improvements to BC?

Youā€™ll get the updates the same as the rest of us. I would expect in the next few months, but no need to call Ford. That will just frustrate you.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I believe OP is referring to the driver facing camera fault that broke BC as part of 6.13. There is an OTA software fix for this, but I havenā€™t received it yet and am in the same boat. I agree that @Ford Motor Company should extend subscription dates by at least as long as the product was unavailable for affected users.

Farfapapa

First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD with Tech pkg
Country flag
i lost BC self driving capabilities for a little over 3 months (august to november) after the dealer did something to some module versions during some partial upgrades they did. The good thing is that after some back&forth (don't only call it Blue Cruise, that confused them a lot), they managed to fix it with the appropriate module updates.

I wouldn't wait and would just take it to the dealer if you're still covered by the warranty!

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
i lost BC self driving capabilities for a little over 3 months (august to november) after the dealer did something to some module versions during some partial upgrades they did. The good thing is that after some back&forth (don't only call it Blue Cruise, that confused them a lot), they managed to fix it with the appropriate module updates.

I wouldn't wait and would just take it to the dealer if you're still covered by the warranty!
Dealers donā€™t have the ability to fix the driver facing camera fault. Their TSB says ā€œOTA coming soonā„¢ļø ā€œ

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
Iā€™m in the same boat. Now that the Tesla update is out Iā€™m wondering if that further contributed to the BC delays (past the 6.13 issue) by getting pushed to the front of the line.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I suspect that around May 2024, Ford will release a Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) allowing BC subscribers to get their upgrade to BC1.4 at the dealership. They'll finally get the OTA release working, sort of, a few months later. This is what happened with BC1.0.
Sponsored