Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
18.3miles/kw. Car was only driven less than a mile to drop off my son at school.
Hope it encourages you!
:)
I think that just demonstrates that you cannot use data associated with short journeys. I have a got a figure over 5160 miles and it is 3.6 miles/kWh.
A lot of my journeys are well within the car's range so I enjoy the performance.
Here are the totals as my miles progress
Miles Miles/kWh
1189 3.70
2050 3.66
2986 3.71
4011 3.68
Sponsored

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Jaguar Triumph Mini
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
18.3miles/kw. Car was only driven less than a mile to drop off my son at school.
Hope it encourages you!
Screenshot_20211028-145500.jpg
Is this from the app ? its showing a mileage of 18.3 too said 1 mile and a 18.3 pls/kwhr which seems a coincidence I don't think you can use 1 mile as a basis also I am finding all sorts of gremlins with the app

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Just seen Rex reply which seems to verify.

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
also I am finding all sorts of gremlins with the app
You and me too!
68 emails to FordPass demonstrating errors, crashes, failure to update, inconsistencies it just goes on and on.
126 emails to Ford E Sales with so many software faults it is difficult to know what to say.
MME in at dealers for them to rewrite the car's software as Ford E-sales require me to take the car in for problems to be escalated. I have told the dealer I don't expect them to be able to fix most of the software problems. I admit the main reason it is in is for my tow bar to be fitted. :)

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
You and me too!
68 emails to FordPass demonstrating errors, crashes, failure to update, inconsistencies it just goes on and on.
126 emails to Ford E Sales with so many software faults it is difficult to know what to say.
MME in at dealers for them to rewrite the car's software as Ford E-sales require me to take the car in for problems to be escalated. I have told the dealer I don't expect them to be able to fix most of the software problems. I admit the main reason it is in is for my tow bar to be fitted. :)
Other than range issues the App is really letting a good car down. Last night plugged in for scheduled charge at midnight checked at 22.00 and app said "waiting to charge at default" but then lower down it said "Distance added 23 miles" !!
Still do not have EV data

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I've had the app tell me I've add 431 miles in a charge :) I think I had another add over 1000 miles.
I've had it tell me I've had it on charge for 48+ hrs when I've unplugged it and driven to the other side off the country. (130 mile mains lead)
I've had it tell me I have a scheduled charge conflict but have no scheduled charges set.
I described it as flakey on the Apple App Store and the developer asked me to contact a special email address. I did that and then he twigged I'd already made loads of observations to FP so he withdrew. Ford can make cars but not organise the writing of software.
The dealer has just rung and said they are so busy fixing warranty items they cannot fit the tow bar.

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Ouch mine is not quite as bad yet have you managed to get EV data ?
Does not sound good with your dealer so far mine has been good but no big issues yet
that's the problem when you are first to catch the canon ball[/QUOTE]

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ouch mine is not quite as bad yet have you managed to get EV data ?
Does not sound good with your dealer so far mine has been good but no big issues yet
that's the problem when you are first to catch the canon ball
[/QUOTE]
I am an early adopter for a lot of things, just uploaded Monterey before doing some important work, I just expected it to work :) It did. Before I purchased the car I thought the mechanicals etc would be good but thought there might be software problems. However I didn't think they would be this bad. I cannot complain about the dealer, they have been supportive all the way but there is limits to what they can do.

I can see my charge logs, I've complained that information that is available in Charging details disappears in Charge logs (Why?). So I do a screen grab to transfer the data to a spreadsheet.

I have a Ford 7.4kW charger (Which doesn't charge at 7.4kW) and the FP App shows the log of the kWh used, to 1 Wh which is spurious accuracy!

I just thought I'd check the above comment but FP was hung with a spiny wheel. I could not Force Quit so I deleted and started again. Now the Ford Charger and its data has disappeared off the app. Oh well. A glass of wine calls and the dealer might have to keep my car till Monday as it is doing some huge software update. A good weekend :)

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Now the Ford Charger and its data has disappeared off the app. Oh well. A glass of wine calls and the dealer might have to keep my car till Monday as it is doing some huge software update. A good weekend :)
[/QUOTE]
A drop of wine and I found the Ford Charger, it isn't in a logical place in FP, well my logic, and yes it has numbers that indicate down to 1 Whr. A level of precision worthy of a standard lab.
The dealer says I can have the car tomorrow. All updates done, recalibration done and 12V battery now needs charging.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
I have just driven down from Scotland and did not get the performance I got on the way up.
The temperature going up was 14C and probably higher in the week before the journey (I don't know the thermal capacity of the battery but guess it lags the air temp).
In the two weeks away the temp was more typically 6C and was on the start of the journey back down.
No E-Heat up, some on way down.
Whatever wind on the way up was a tail wind. Very strong winds down mainly head on to 45 deg.
No rain up, very heavy rain down, most of the way.

Range 100% 300 miles
hich

which variant of the MME do you have and did you precondition the car before trips?

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
hich

which variant of the MME do you have and did you precondition the car before trips?
RWD Extended Range
No I have not done that. I tried to use it once and it didn't seem to work. I haven't investigated that further. At the time I only had a 2kW (13 amp socket) charger and put it down to that. I now have the Ford 7.4kW charger and will try preconditioning with that.

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
hich

AHHH yes I have preconditioned but with unusual October temperatures not really been neccessary but will try

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Another Problem
Car did not charge last night although scheduled . Could not access charge settings would not load
Another email to dealers

Rex

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-Ex
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Another Problem
Car did not charge last night although scheduled . Could not access charge settings would not load
Another email to dealers
Copy the email to [email protected] The FordPass team. I know more about FordPass than my dealer! Nothing will get fixed by your dealer. They cannot re-write software. My dealer says Ford will take more notice of me than them.
Sponsored