Si3po

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I know every dealer I've talked to with an MME for test drives is going to sell it at full MSRP once they reach the 4k miles. Kind of crazy honestly. Making it worst is the fee's they tried tacking on to your purchase.

Can't wait until we get rid of dealerships. If I could buy the car on the Ford website for the MSRP + $1,100 in delivery fees? I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Yeah same this is what's keeping me from getting a MME, the dealerships. I'm looking into getting a Tesla cuz of that mess.
Sponsored

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
You aren't in California, but here TTL is just over 10% when all is said and done and we have caps on doc fees.

However, being in Texas and in your case, they jacked it up, by how much I'm not sure, then added 5 pieces of junk ($295 for wheel locks that have to have been blessed by Jesus himself and some things I've never heard of before), a doc fee and a processing fee.

Just another honest dealer hard at work.

Next!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah same this is what's keeping me from getting a MME, the dealerships. I'm looking into getting a Tesla cuz of that mess.
So you'll trade in the potential bad experience buying the car for a potentially bad experience having problems with the car fixed?

For those that think the "company store" scheme is better, have you considered the cost and logistics of doing so? There's a reason Tesla has a comparatively small footprint of "stores" and service centers - it's expensive and time consuming. With the lesser maintenance and the inability to make markup on cars, service plans, financing, etc trying to maintain a vast network of service centers is untenable - which means after sale service times and inconvenience increase significantly for those times when you DO need service.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
You ever been jerked around by a Ford dealer on the back-end? I have. I've also been treated fairly there too so quality control maybe isn't a thing all that great on the Ford side either.

Tesla also offers a longer warranty 4/50K.

To be fair, Tesla isn't entirely transparent with it's pricing either. The way they bundle credits and other things does make it hard to get to the actual price.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You ever been jerked around by a Ford dealer on the back-end? I have. I've also been treated fairly there too so quality control maybe isn't a thing all that great on the Ford side either.
Because there are so many, if one jerks you around you can go to another next time. Even in rural areas there are alternatives.
Sponsored