6/20/22 Build Week Gang

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Called as soon as I woke up, received “actual vehicle placement” at Port Newark. What does actual vehicle placement mean?
Nevermind, I searched the forum and found some answers.
I feel like my delivery obsession is borderline that of SWO. Now I need to figure out how to spy on the hauler to the dealer when it ships.
You can sign up for email notifications in the toolbar. :) That's how I knew.
Sponsored

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
You can sign up for email notifications in the toolbar. :) That's how I knew.
On United? I probably check every hour anyway

kwlinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Got word from my dealer yesterday, car has arrived. Fly back from the west coast today, plan on picking it up tomorrow morning!

Renton777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Mach E GTPE - on Order
Country flag
Got word from my dealer yesterday, car has arrived. Fly back from the west coast today, plan on picking it up tomorrow morning!
Don't just leave those of us still waiting for our car behind when you get yours! Post some pictures and first impressions once you have it. Help those of us stuck in the tracking void live vicariously through you!!! I am excited for you, enjoy!!

Earlofsandwich

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Called Norfolk southern today. Tracing said interchange delivered or something to that affect. Does that mean it has switched rail companies?

kwlinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Don't just leave those of us still waiting for our car behind when you get yours! Post some pictures and first impressions once you have it. Help those of us stuck in the tracking void live vicariously through you!!! I am excited for you, enjoy!!
Yeah I’ll definitely provide updates on delivery / first impressions. Now I just need to travel the 2,500 miles back home to pick it up!

shereth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus ST, 2022 MME GT (ordered)
Country flag
Called Norfolk southern today. Tracing said interchange delivered or something to that affect. Does that mean it has switched rail companies?
Seems like it, "interchange" in rail transport is when cars cross over to a different rail line.

Earlofsandwich

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Seems like it, "interchange" in rail transport is when cars cross over to a different rail line.
That was my guess too since it will change over to Canadian pacific for the rest of the way.

my new question is does the rail car number stay the same for the whole journey or would it switch to a new number?

shereth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus ST, 2022 MME GT (ordered)
Country flag
That was my guess too since it will change over to Canadian pacific for the rest of the way.

my new question is does the rail car number stay the same for the whole journey or would it switch to a new number?
Rail car number will stay the same unless you're unloaded from one rail car and loaded on to an other, like what happened back in KC.

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Mine went from sitting at St Paul Minnesota all
Day yesterday and now it has departed Kenmare, N Dakota this morning. So close to the border!!
112C00B8-90B6-47E1-A8A2-66098A02B7CE.jpeg

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally picked her up!

No issues with delivery, vehicle was in great shape- hope every else's arrives safe as well. I've decided that if there's a faster car out there it's too fast for me. I can feel thr blood go to the back of my head when I hit the accelerator from a stop.

Old car in the back. She was basically perfect over 10k miles and I expect the same from this one. It's fun seeing some small improvements made here and there such as the chargeport door and wireless charging pad (they redesigned the rubber inlay, and the charger doesn't heat up my phone).

Ford Mustang Mach-E 6/20/22 Build Week Gang 20220722_131543
Ford Mustang Mach-E 6/20/22 Build Week Gang 20220722_161958
Ford Mustang Mach-E 6/20/22 Build Week Gang 20220722_131559

HankScorpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Focus RS
Country flag
I was also able to take delivery today. After some initial back and forth with the finance people about rate at time of order, things ended up going pretty smoothly.

Really impressed with the car after driving it for the first time. Seems well put together, well executed, and it's handled all driving scenarios so far with ease. I was also pleasantly surprised by the ride quality. All the threads on here about bounciness had me a little worried, but so far I'm not noticing much of that. Driving a very bouncy focus RS for the past five years probably has a lot to do with that haha.

I hope everyone else has their cars show up over the next week or so!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 6/20/22 Build Week Gang PSX_20220722_132116

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was also able to take delivery today. After some initial back and forth with the finance people about rate at time of order, things ended up going pretty smoothly.

Really impressed with the car after driving it for the first time. Seems well put together, well executed, and it's handled all driving scenarios so far with ease. I was also pleasantly surprised by the ride quality. All the threads on here about bounciness had me a little worried, but so far I'm not noticing much of that. Driving a very bouncy focus RS for the past five years probably has a lot to do with that haha.

I hope everyone else has their cars show up over the next week or so!
PSX_20220722_132116.jpg
Ditto on ride quality. I never had any issue with my Select AWD and figured it was either the extra weight from the larger battery or the low profile tires. Mine rode great on the way home.

A little tip for everyone since I just had to do this - fold the mirrors via the button on the door (you may have to hold the button) if they aren't correctly autofolding. The process is outlined in the manual but the autofold feature won't work if the mirrors are manually folded (likely during transport).