Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking for one
Occupation
Business Analyst
Country flag
Hi all,

We currently have a Honda Clarity PHEV, and a 2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric. I have been planning for a while to replace the Ioniq with a 2020 Kia Niro EV. The main reason that I have been looking at the Niro EV is that it's a very practical vehicle. Also, they have now fallen below the $25,000 pricepoint to qualify for the $4000 used EV tax credit. I am a very practical car buyer, these current two vehicles were bought because of crazy low lease deals, and then purchase after the lease expiration. Getting a 260 mile range EV for $21,000 certainly makes a good deal of sense to me, but the Niro EV is about as boring looking a vehicle as there is.

I saw that a few 2021 Mustang Mach-e Select trims are listed in the high $2X,000 range. That seems reasonable. Completely different vehicle! I love the look of the Mach-e. That would be an exciting purchase vs. a boring more practical one. A few quick questions:

1) Do all Mach-e have the Bluecruise hardware? I couldn't figure out by googling. I test drove a GT last week that didn't seem to have the sensors above the steerring wheel?
2) Does bluecruise require a paid subscription?
3) I noticed the Select did not come standard with Heating seats and steering wheel. Those are a must for me. What option package do I need to look for?
4) What is the concensus on the Premier's glass roof with no shade? I love the look of it, but is it hot in the summer?
5) What general advice do you have for someone shopping for lower trim '21 Mach-e? Thanks very much!
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hi all,

We currently have a Honda Clarity PHEV, and a 2019 Hyundai Ioniq Electric. I have been planning for a while to replace the Ioniq with a 2020 Kia Niro EV. The main reason that I have been looking at the Niro EV is that it's a very practical vehicle. Also, they have now fallen below the $25,000 pricepoint to qualify for the $4000 used EV tax credit. I am a very practical car buyer, these current two vehicles were bought because of crazy low lease deals, and then purchase after the lease expiration. Getting a 260 mile range EV for $21,000 certainly makes a good deal of sense to me, but the Niro EV is about as boring looking a vehicle as there is.

I saw that a few 2021 Mustang Mach-e Select trims are listed in the high $2X,000 range. That seems reasonable. Completely different vehicle! I love the look of the Mach-e. That would be an exciting purchase vs. a boring more practical one. A few quick questions:

1) Do all Mach-e have the Bluecruise hardware? I couldn't figure out by googling. I test drove a GT last week that didn't seem to have the sensors above the steerring wheel?
3) I noticed the Select did not come standard with Heating seats and steering wheel. Those are a must for me. What option package do I need to look for?
4) What is the concensus on the Premier's glass roof with no shade? I love the look of it, but is it hot in the summer?
5) What general advice do you have for someone shopping for lower trim '21 Mach-e? Thanks very much!
1. No
2. Yes* (*new vehicles come with a 90 day free trial)
3. Comfort and Tech Package
4. The glass roof is amazing. It has an Low-E coating so you won't feel the heat from the sun.
5. Shop around, there are deals to be had. Find the right features and battery size that works for your lifestyle.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Not all Mach-e models have the BlueCruise hardware standard. My 2021 GT-PE was ordered with a metal roof and Ford mandated that GTs with metal roofs not have the option available. Selects also need to have the Tech Package (I think) in order to get the hardware. All Premium and 2022-2023 GTs come with the hardware and the glass roof. 🤔🐩

BlueCruise is a paid subscription, $600/ 3 years for 2021 models, $800/year for newer models. 🤔🐩

I *think* the Comfort Package is required on the Select to get heated seats. 🤷‍♂️🐩

I do not have a glass roof but those who have one in hot areas say that it is not nearly as hot as you would think. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Any MME that does not have Magneride (I.e. isn’t a GT-PE) has an under-damped rear suspension. I would consider getting modified Koni shocks for the rear to prevent the “bounciness“ that many have reported. 😊🐩

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Hi all,

A used Mach-E would be an awesome car in a league of its own. I have an AWD Select w/Comfort and Tech, gives heated wheel, steering, and blueCruise its amazing.

You are in CT, you could also check out a used Bolt, Blasius has a ton at a steal, I just picked one up in Mass as our 2nd car, after used rebates it came to $7,500 (plus taxes and fees) (2020 low miles, loaded)

OP
OP

jake14mw

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking for one
Occupation
Business Analyst
Country flag
Thanks for the replies everyone. Very disappointing to hear about the subscription for bluecruise. That does make it easier looking for a car though, I don't have to watch for that. I guess I will look for a Select with Comfort package.

OP
OP

jake14mw

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking for one
Occupation
Business Analyst
Country flag
A used Mach-E would be an awesome car in a league of its own. I have an AWD Select w/Comfort and Tech, gives heated wheel, steering, and blueCruise its amazing.

You are in CT, you could also check out a used Bolt, Blasius has a ton at a steal, I just picked one up in Mass as our 2nd car, after used rebates it came to $7,500 (plus taxes and fees) (2020 low miles, loaded)
Thanks. We were actually a three car family previously and owned a 2017 Bolt Premiere for a couple of years. We sold it 4 months ago as everyone preferred driving the Ioniq over it. How did you get one for $7,500?

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Thanks. We were actually a three car family previously and owned a 2017 Bolt Premiere for a couple of years. We sold it 4 months ago as everyone preferred driving the Ioniq over it. How did you get one for $7,500?
Mass has a used EV rebate, $3,500, so that with the federal $4,000 makes them amazing in Mass. We now have the Mach-E and the Bolt premier, so those cover all our car needs.
Sponsored