Mikeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE DMG
Country flag
Hello, I am new to MME. Got mine 2 weeks ago. And I have a few questions on items I can't seem to get a handle on.
1. Parking brake. I never use the parking brake, I should say...I don't apply parking brake manually. But what I've noticed is the car applies the parking brake itself. It doesn't happen all the time. I've seen it happen when I park on driveways with a incline or down slope whichever way you want to say it. Then when I get back in the car, I put it in drive and it won't move. So I have to look for the parking brake button and release it. My question: is there a sensor in the car that tells it to apply the parking brake when parking on certain grades?
2. I use my phone as a key, never carry the key with me. I set the memory seat and it doesn't go to my setting when I get back in the car with my phone. Do I need a key to set the memory seat? Or will my phone suffice?
3. I only use one pedal driving and when I come to a dead stop at a light on an incline, the car rolls back a little. Is this normal? I am used to my leaf which never rolled back.

If it matters and I don't think it should since I would assume all MMEs are created equal, it's a '22 GTPE. Only whisper mode is used as all the others are a scary to say the least.
Thank You in advance for all your feedback. I tried looking up each issue, I was unsuccessful in finding anything conclusive. And no, I haven't read the manual.
Sponsored

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Disclaimer: I claim no expertise as I have not taken delivery. BUT I have been on this forum long enough to know two things: 1. This is a great group of people to ask questions of. 2. The PAAK is not 100% reliable from everything I have seen here and on youtube. So I will be carrying the FOB.
Congratulations on your new car! Hope you find the answers you need:)

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
All PAAK all the time!

live it, love it!

wish I could help, but my lowly spec doesnā€™t have the memory seats šŸ˜…

For your parking brake as soon as you step on the pedal in drive or reverse, it should automatically release without you having to press the parking release button.

Yes, the cars do roll backwards sometimes a foot or so when you slow down in 1PD on a incline, mine does it as well.

I switched to a MachE from a Leaf and the performance difference is amazing. I hope you have as much enjoyment out of your MachE as many of us here have.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Congratulations on the car and welcome to the forum.

#1. Vehicle should release automatically and I think Iā€™ve noticed that park brake engages automatically a couple of times. Will try to keep my eye on it. Toyotas do the same.

#2. Had the same issue happen to me after taking delivery. Deleted PaaK and have been using good old fashioned key fob since then. I donā€™t need any more excitement in my life.

#3. Yes. Not normal, but thatā€™s how the vehicle behaves. I notice that my foot would still be on accelerator pedal when it rolls back. The quick solution is to remove your foot off the pedal completely.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
1: never noticed this, I set my parking brake manually all the time, force of habit.

2: you need to tie your profile to your phone. On the infotainment, upper left car icon, settings, personal profiles, turn on, add profile if you havenā€™t yet, select created profile, add phone.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hello, I am new to MME. Got mine 2 weeks ago. And I have a few questions on items I can't seem to get a handle on.
1. Parking brake. I never use the parking brake, I should say...I don't apply parking brake manually. But what I've noticed is the car applies the parking brake itself. It doesn't happen all the time. I've seen it happen when I park on driveways with a incline or down slope whichever way you want to say it. Then when I get back in the car, I put it in drive and it won't move. So I have to look for the parking brake button and release it. My question: is there a sensor in the car that tells it to apply the parking brake when parking on certain grades?
2. I use my phone as a key, never carry the key with me. I set the memory seat and it doesn't go to my setting when I get back in the car with my phone. Do I need a key to set the memory seat? Or will my phone suffice?
3. I only use one pedal driving and when I come to a dead stop at a light on an incline, the car rolls back a little. Is this normal? I am used to my leaf which never rolled back.

If it matters and I don't think it should since I would assume all MMEs are created equal, it's a '22 GTPE. Only whisper mode is used as all the others are a scary to say the least.
Thank You in advance for all your feedback. I tried looking up each issue, I was unsuccessful in finding anything conclusive. And no, I haven't read the manual.
  1. Yes it automatically applies the parking brake on inclines
  2. You need the DSM update to fix that
  3. Yes, rolling back is a "normal" part of the powertrain calibration as the car switches from motors to friction brakes at a stop.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
1. I've had my MME for 19 months now and while I've noticed the parking brake engages on inclines I've never had to manually disengaged it. I'd say there's a fix needed there.

2. You need to make sure that the PAAK and your profile are tied to the specific memory button you're using. It's somewhere in the settings. Now, having said that, I've noticed that about 50% of the time it doesn't engage that button or only partially engages. For example, the seat only moves halfway to where it should. When that happens I just press the button to complete the actions.

3. IDK, I don't like one pedal so I can't help.

Aside: I've been using PAAK all 19 months and have only carried the FOB when I've left the car at the dealership. It works every time. However, there are some quirks and it's not always immediate like the FOB would be. But I'm happy to live with the quirks because I don't want that monster sized FOB in my pocket.

OP
OP

Mikeg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE DMG
Country flag
Thanks everybody for the super useful information. PAAK paired to my seat button. I agree, it's not always smooth, but it beats carrying the monster key around. roll back resolved by letting off the gas pedal all together. Parking brake thingie...well, I'll just have to pay more attention to the dash when I take off. You folks have been great. Thank You
Sponsored