pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Thanks, Ken. I have a Juicebox 40 now from when I had my Volvo XC60 Plug-In. The Volvo was not smart enough (like a MS) to be able to be set itself to charge at a specific time. I am planning to use it on the IPACE.

I remember from the MS that we were taught to, as a rule, not charge past 85% unless you were leaving on a trip. It was supposed to be better for battery life and to keep the high end of the charge capacity. Have you heard of such a suggestion for the IPACE? What is your practice on limiting the charge?

Here is a showroom picture - Thanks
1592584777574.png
Love the black wheels!

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is a "punched" car where the dealer "purchases" the car and then sells it as used or demo. You should have no problem getting the Federal tax credit, but you do lose some of the warranty.

It is part of the reason the deals can be even sweeter, but there is a minor downside. @HopefulAl , congratulations on getting a great car!
Thanks for the info. The dealer in our last conversation did cal it a "punched" car. I am assuming that when you mention that there is a down side that you are referring to the Warranty having started on 12/2/2019.

Thanks again.

OP
OP

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Thanks, Ken. I have a Juicebox 40 now from when I had my Volvo XC60 Plug-In. The Volvo was not smart enough (like a MS) to be able to be set itself to charge at a specific time. I am planning to use it on the IPACE.

I remember from the MS that we were taught to, as a rule, not charge past 85% unless you were leaving on a trip. It was supposed to be better for battery life and to keep the high end of the charge capacity. Have you heard of such a suggestion for the IPACE? What is your practice on limiting the charge?

Here is a showroom picture - Thanks
1592584777574.png
Al, no issues on charging to 100% like the MS. With the MS, a 100% charge level was a true 100%,. So the MS batteries don’t like being charged to the tippy top on a repeated basis or longevity could be affected.

However the I-Pace has room at the top and when you charge to ‘100%’ you’re not really hitting 100%. Jaguar leaves room at the top and thus they’ve never cautioned owners to refrain from doing this, to the best of my knowledge.

With that said, my conservative nature still stops me from doing this on a frequent basis. What I’ve been doing is letting the range drop to about 50 miles and I then charge to 100%. So with about 1,000 miles on my odometer, I’ve only charged the car 3 times. I certainly can’t guarantee this is the best approach, but it’s the one I’ve been using.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Al, no issues on charging to 100% like the MS. With the MS, a 100% charge level was a true 100%,. So the MS batteries don’t like being charged to the tippy top on a repeated basis or longevity could be affected.

However the I-Pace has room at the top and when you charge to ‘100%’ you’re not really hitting 100%. Jaguar leaves room at the top and thus they’ve never cautioned owners to refrain from doing this, to the best of my knowledge.

With that said, my conservative nature still stops me from doing this on a frequent basis. What I’ve been doing is letting the range drop to about 50 miles and I then charge to 100%. So with about 1,000 miles on my odometer, I’ve only charged the car 3 times. I certainly can’t guarantee this is the best approach, but it’s the one I’ve been using.
Home charging on a 240V 40(?) amp outlet? How many miles of range per hour?

OP
OP

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Yes, L2 charger (ChargePoint Home Flex) set to 40amps. Charge rates vary from 26mph to 18mph.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Yes, L2 charger (ChargePoint Home Flex) set to 40amps. Charge rates vary from 26mph to 18mph.
Thanks for the update. Let us know about the charging curve on fast DC chargers? Owners reports provide needed information.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 428i convertible
Country flag
Thanks for the info. The dealer in our last conversation did cal it a "punched" car. I am assuming that when you mention that there is a down side that you are referring to the Warranty having started on 12/2/2019.

Thanks again.
My I-PACE also has been sold as used. EV tax credit belongs to the titleholder, so as long as the car was not titled before, I believe you're good.

I received my title and registration from county clerk 2 days ago. On the title the car is marked as new and the previous title number is MSO (meaning no previous title)
Sponsored