Aftermarket Gauge for Kw, voltage, temps ETC (Maybe there is another way?)

crl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Are you using the AA torque add on to get it to show on the main display?
Carlinkit Mini TBox, it runs full android os but connectes to the system via carplay.
Sponsored

lesz

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
New here, I have had my Mach E for about a month now and love it for the most part. I have been searching the forum and the net for a way to monitor battery voltage, KW in out, motor RPM, temps ETC, you know the stuff most want to see in an EV. So from searching I see there are some ways to view this information, with a smart phone and app/obd adapter (I have this already) or via android auto and adapter on the main display etc. These options just don't satisfy me. 1. because My wife likes the radio or Nav open on the main display and 2. I dislike the idea of having a phone used as a display with a charging cord hanging and what not, this just is not a good clean install. On my ICE vehicle (truck for towing) I have 3 Areoforce scan gauges, these are 2" round gauges and can display 1-4 pids each, and have 2 warning indicators that can be customized. I love these for what they do, they are easy to permanently mount with hidden wires, they are sleek and the best part is they simply plug in to the OBD port and wake up when the vehicle is started and sleep when its off. I am not affilated with Areoforce, I just like their product. They currently do not offer anything EV related so I reached out to them and they said they would be willing to look in to making a gauge for the Mach E, but I would assume only if they have enough intrest to make it worthwile. So I guess this post is asking if anyone else would have interest in something like this? If so please reach out to them or reply to this thread (I can direct them here too) and show that this is something that if they made would sell. The gauges themselves have interchangable faceplates and bezels as well. I attached a PIC if people have not seen these before.
1711291462897-22.png
Will this constantly drain the 12 V battery?

OP
OP

EVJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Engineer
Will this constantly drain the 12 V battery?
Not anymore than any other module in the vehicle would. I have these in my other vehicles and have never had an issue.

OP
OP

EVJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Engineer
Carlinkit Mini TBox, it runs full android os but connectes to the system via carplay.
Ah yes, I must have read that first part too fast and missed that. There is a plugin for Torque called AA
Torque. I just ran across that, I might try it first.

OP
OP

EVJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Engineer
This is definitely something that I would purchase !!!
If more people were interested I am sure they would put in the effort to make one for the Mach E, but if only a few people want them then they probably wouldn't. My hope for this post was to find a bunch of support to show them that it would sell.
Sponsored