Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I've picked out new seats, and thought I'd document the process... I'm hoping that SOME seat manufacturer out there has designed a bracket for the Mach-e for aftermarket seats, but I'm guessing it may take a while because it will require a total redesign as the bolt pattern on the floor, and the height needed for the base are completely different than the 2015+ ICE Mustangs

If anybody finds a manual slider seat bracket ready for a Mache, PLEASE post asap

==========
I started my quest for replacement seats for several reasons:
- I dislike the feel of leather, or leather-like seat covers in cold or hot weather
- I prefer 'race style' seats with shoulder bolstering
- bonus points for lighter than stock without motorized adjustment
...and hoping to keep the total below $2k for both front seats w brackets

Initially I looked a fixed back buckets for lighter weight, but decided in the end that I needed adjustable backs to fold upright when camping in the back, and keep my passengers more comfortable as well as easier access/egress... My wife has a heck of a time with the Lotus Elise seats I put in my eMiata, so I didn't want to hear more about that...

So, I settled on the Corbeau A4 seat with microsuede cover, heat, and lumbar pump support. I also purchased the slider brackets they have designed for the 2015+ Mustang.. .hoping they would be close enough to use or modify. $1700 for both seats and sliders

turns out.... brackets are not even close.

So, I'll have to fabricate a bracket for the Mach-e, unless somebody finds one online first.

View attachment 33134

View attachment 33135

Ford Mustang Mach-E in progress - replacing front seats with aftermarket 02 removal - front T55

Ford Mustang Mach-E in progress - replacing front seats with aftermarket 03 needs re-designed bracket

Ford Mustang Mach-E in progress - replacing front seats with aftermarket oem 01 bottom view

Ford Mustang Mach-E in progress - replacing front seats with aftermarket oem 02 seat to rear foot 7in

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Digitalsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE (replaced 2021 Premium RWD)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any progress? Wife and I both find the seats in our premium to be uncomfortable after 20 minutes. The seats in both of our jeeps are much more comfortable. I have taken to putting a seat pad on them, but it is not that great either.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Any progress? Wife and I both find the seats in our premium to be uncomfortable after 20 minutes. The seats in both of our jeeps are much more comfortable. I have taken to putting a seat pad on them, but it is not that great either.
The Corbeau seats are not soft, so they may not be 'comfortable' for you. I got them for the fabric and shoulder bolstering as well as narrower seat. I hate slipping around, and I dislike 'leather'.

You might want to have a local upholstery shop do a 'foamectomy' and replace the seat foam with something firmer/softer to your liking.

Robert v T

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RT-special
Occupation
Company Owner
I have ordered 2 Recaro seats for my Mach-e. But the Recaro shop offered me brackets for the Mach-e. As the delivery time is already overdue I hope to receive them soon.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have ordered 2 Recaro seats for my Mach-e. But the Recaro shop offered me brackets for the Mach-e. As the delivery time is already overdue I hope to receive them soon.
At the time I got mine NOBODY had brackets for the Mach-e, I had to fabricate mine.... please post pics of yours when y get them, and perhaps show how the install goes for you!

Robert v T

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RT-special
Occupation
Company Owner
I will not install the seats myself, it will be done by the supplier of the seats. But still I can check out if the brackets fit or have to be customized. I will add some lumbar supports and inflatable side supports myself, but that is other business.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Search the forum, a few months back someone changed out their seats. However, they made their own brackets and that thread blew up with comments regarding the safety of DIY brackets.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Search the forum, a few months back someone changed out their seats. However, they made their own brackets and that thread blew up with comments regarding the safety of DIY brackets.
yup, that's me and my Corbeaus.
Sponsored