Skolnick89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT performance to comr
Country flag
I have a GTPE. Anyone have luck just substituting the 6x9?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Skolnick89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Saw that post. My question should have been more specific. Question was has anyone just changed the stock BO speaker in its current location using the built in amp?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Saw that post. My question should have been more specific. Question was has anyone just changed the stock BO speaker in its current location using the built in amp?
That would probably get you nowhere because the B&O system has a set output from the amp to the factory subwoofer. Yes you could replace it with an aftermarket subwoofer but you'd get similar output.

What's your goal? More boomy base? If so, go get a Honda Civic, throw 2x 12"s in the trunk, and shake the thing to death.

If you want it done right, get an aftermarket digital output box to pull a clean signal from the Sync 4 system, get a dedicated mono amplifier and a quality subwoofer.

OP
OP

Skolnick89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m being lazy. When younger I did custom car installs.
You gave me my answer. Do it right or don’t bother

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I’m being lazy. When younger I did custom car installs.
You gave me my answer. Do it right or don’t bother
HAHA! CAUGHT!

I get it though... I had my fair share of VWs and whatever else where I'd swap in new speakers with the factory system - only does so much...

My Focus RS has been completely gutted down to the door skins. New wiring and matting everywhere. PAC audio gear pulling a toslink right off the Sync 3 system back to 2x JL audio amplifiers feeding 10 Morel Audio speakers and a JL 10Tw3 in a stealth box. It SLAPS no doubt

I really wanted that system to match or outrank my old Edge ST's B&O system... and it crushed it after I spent the time tuning it.

The Mach-E's B&O system is decent, but what we had in the Edge ST was far better - potentially due to a few extra speakers and a better factory subwoofer.

Hoping Ford does a decent job on the Lightning... We also had the pleasure of hearing Rivian's Meridian audio system and let me tell you... I've yet to hear a OEM audio system bring a superior level of clarity and soundstage ever, until hearing that system.

OP
OP

Skolnick89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m old. I worked in a stereo store and installs were limited to low power from 12 volts.
My own project car was a 1972 Grand Prix. Installed a 110 volt inverter, Dynaco power amp, believe 200 watts, used a pre amp board from a Fisher receiver, home cassette machine. Best built in speakers available and 2 large bookshelve speakers on the rear seats with long cables to use speakers in or out of car. It was the best possible in early 70s.
Sponsored