Anyone had their Mach-E damaged in transit?

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
While others have had less than stellar service from their Ford dealership, I can say my local dealer (Porter Ford) has been great in my one little complaint on my MME.
During my first wash I noticed a deep scratch in the driver side rear window matching up with a similar scratch it the trim panel directly behind it.
One trip to the service desk, the service writer took some pictures and said "we'll get the parts on order" was called two days later to make an appointment to have the parts changed and also have the 22s41 recall done.
Scheduled that same week and dropped the car off knowing it would be a few hours and got a call at noon saying it was ready.
In speaking with the service writer he tells me MME owners come there even if they didnt buy their car from them.

Yes my side window is not as severe as the roof glass, but its still a replaceable part that doesn't require body work or paint work.
Let them replace it and move on with the purchase, just my two cents

Tony
Sponsored

OP
OP

jwhite799

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag
I appreciate the advice, Tony!

I still hope the dealer or Ford will try to make things right though.

When I owned a Cadillac CTS they (Cadillac) reviewed forums like this and reached out. Seems like Ford just doesn't give a F*ck.

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE ordered
Country flag
Neither Ford nor the dealership damaged your car. A contractor did, who has insurance that will pay the dealer for the repairs. This happens all the time, to all makes and models, GM products included... It's just that most people never know because they just bought a car off the lot. The only reason you know is because it's a special order.

Let them do their thing and fix the car. It'll be fine.

Oh, and Ford does have people that read and respond on this forum. Expecting them to respond to a post that was created after 5 pm on a Friday is unrealistic. They may reach out at some point early next week.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Wait for the fix. Make sure it’s done right as people here indicate and you’ll be fine. It’s a fantastic car and it has some initial birthing problems. Brightside is even if you hate it it’s worth more than you likely paid for it right now. Ford build quality is better than Tesla and they’ll likely get better, but in reality they’re about average in quality, not a Benz or Lucid quality….but they make exciting vehicles. I like my little pony way more than my Tesla. My wife routinely tries to take it so her friends can ogle it. Give it a chance.
Jes sayin. Best of luck. Don’t say “neigh” til you feel the Gallup…..

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
Grab a car and arrange repair. It should be covered under warranty.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There are lots of examples on this forum of cars damaged in transit. The dealer is responsible for repairing the damaged vehicle to a like new condition before you buy it, or to repair it after the sale. Yours is not drivable, so they would do the former. Mine was quite drivable so I took delivery and they fixed it when the parts came in. It isn't Ford's fault or the dealer's fault. Damage happens during transit sometime.

Of course, you have the option of buying the car or letting someone else buy it, probably for more than you would have.

OP
OP

jwhite799

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag
Wait for the fix. Make sure it’s done right as people here indicate and you’ll be fine. It’s a fantastic car and it has some initial birthing problems. Brightside is even if you hate it it’s worth more than you likely paid for it right now. Ford build quality is better than Tesla and they’ll likely get better, but in reality they’re about average in quality, not a Benz or Lucid quality….but they make exciting vehicles. I like my little pony way more than my Tesla. My wife routinely tries to take it so her friends can ogle it. Give it a chance.
Thanks for the words of encouragement!

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why would it be covered under warranty? It’s physical damage.
dealer responsible as already noted. my wife GT had defected/damaged windshield - we bought a car and in parallel our sales manager contacted Ford and arrange replacement by OEM windshield.

OP
OP

jwhite799

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag

Love the pun! And upbeat take. Thank you!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
dealer responsible as already noted. my wife GT had defected/damaged windshield - we bought a car and in parallel our sales manager contacted Ford and arrange replacement by OEM windshield.
There‘s a difference between a defect and physical damage. The dealer or the transport company will pay for the repairs, but it’s not something that is covered by the Ford warranty.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There‘s a difference between a defect and physical damage. The dealer or the transport company will pay for the repairs, but it’s not something that is covered by the Ford warranty.
Sales department covered our repair