First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
Hi there AOSK,

I love the look of the spoiler you have developed for the MME so i bought it through Amazon. After Installed it, the adhesion started to loosen after about a week. I figured I didn't install it correctly so is returned it and got another. After watching a video on install tips I found on this forum, I installed the new one. I did so with extreme attention to the prep and applied a ton of lengthy pressure to the product once it was in place. It has only been a few days and the adhesion is already begun to loosen again. Do you have any better solutions to attaching this product? The 3m tape that comes on it is clearly an inferior design.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hi there AOSK,

I love the look of the spoiler you have developed for the MME so i bought it through Amazon. After Installed it, the adhesion started to loosen after about a week. I figured I didn't install it correctly so is returned it and got another. After watching a video on install tips I found on this forum, I installed the new one. I did so with extreme attention to the prep and applied a ton of lengthy pressure to the product once it was in place. It has only been a few days and the adhesion is already begun to loosen again. Do you have any better solutions to attaching this product? The 3m tape that comes on it is clearly an inferior design.
Do you have PPF or ceramic on the car? That could be part of the adhesion issue.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Might get better visibility if you @ them.

@AOSK

AOSK

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E select
Country flag
Hi there AOSK,

Hi, thank you for this, we also noticed that a few owners mention this situation to us. these tapes we use are supposed to be strong enough for a spoiler. we don't have the incentive to use cheap tape on an expensive product, because we destroy every product returned to us, so we try to make sure our products are good and perfect.
Do you think if it is possible that the surface is ceramic coated, or has ppf, or waxed?
and would you mind dm me your address and name to contact, i will send you some other type of 3m tape to redo the installation. plz let us know how it goes, if that doesn't goes well, we will do a full refund for you.
if other owners also has this situation, plz let us know, we will send you some 3m tapes asap.
sorry for the inconvenience, and we appreciate that you let us know about this.

OP
OP

Trev5501

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have PPF or ceramic on the car? That could be part of the adhesion issue.
I have never applied any aftermarket coatings. I'm not sure if the dealership did.

If there was a coating, is there a product that removes it?

OP
OP

Trev5501

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, thank you for this, we also noticed that a few owners mention this situation to us. these tapes we use are supposed to be strong enough for a spoiler. we don't have the incentive to use cheap tape on an expensive product, because we destroy every product returned to us, so we try to make sure our products are good and perfect.
Do you think if it is possible that the surface is ceramic coated, or has ppf, or waxed?
and would you mind dm me your address and name to contact, i will send you some other type of 3m tape to redo the installation. plz let us know how it goes, if that doesn't goes well, we will do a full refund for you.
if other owners also has this situation, plz let us know, we will send you some 3m tapes asap.
sorry for the inconvenience, and we appreciate that you let us know about this.
Hi,

Don't bother with sending the tape but I appreciate the offer. I returned it through Amazon for a refund.

It's a cool accessory so I may try it one more time if I hear positive feedback from others on the longevity of their adhesion and what was done to promote it.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I have never applied any aftermarket coatings. I'm not sure if the dealership did.

If there was a coating, is there a product that removes it?
Dawn dish soap - the version that removes grease.
Sponsored