heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
You may find that this is much to do about nothing. My wife was the same way when we first took delivery, but once she tried it she found it was very much like a normal ICE vehicle. Now convincing her to let us take it on a long road trip….That’s not going to be happening anytime in the near future….
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Rumson, NJ; Marco Island, FL; Amelia Island, FL
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
She'll be fine, same as any other car. When we got our first Tesla years ago my wife was a bit put off and now she truly prefers the EV experience. This is a woman who couldn't care one bit about a car is very specific, if we need to get one, that she wants it to be an EV. Good luck, you won't really need it as everything will be fine.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
It worked well. We were going to head to the nearby school, but some event was going on, so ended up trying another. It must be some sort of district-wide thing. After being paced by the local sheriff for a bit, we ended up in a near-dead mall. Intro overviewing modes, turning on/off and parking break and off she went in Whisper mode, no one pedal drive. 15 seconds later she is pulling out of the mall and off to run the errands we needed to do.

The only drama was when I told her to goose it a bit on one of the side roads. Two seconds later I got a "Holy Shit!" and she backed off. Funny thing, my youngest son had the same reaction, but didn't back off.

After this experience, she told me to drive the rest of the trip, she's "been there, done that".

I hope this whole thread brought a bit of levity to everybody. Thanks to all the respondents. Now, back to our regular diet of "where did my range go", Ford chip shortages, wheel modifications and is Ford Options a lease!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If your GT has Whisper mode, use it!

Which brings up a related question: why would a GT have Whisper mode? 🤣

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
Now, back to our regular diet of "where did my range go", Ford chip shortages, wheel modifications and is Ford Options a lease!
Well, after your wife goosed it, you might be asking where your range went! 🤪🐩

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I feel for you, since I say a prayer every time I get in the car when my wife is driving. ;) Seriously, she is a very safe driver but she drives like my dad did, slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I am hoping to turn her into a speed demon with my MME GTPE. We was amazed at the power when we test drove the base model MME. Cannot wait to get my hands on the GTPE. I am hopefully a week or so away.
Sponsored