Battery Percentage Jump - Should I be worried?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
It can move. The cells balance overnight and the BECM may decide the SoC is actually higher than it thought. For obvious reasons it prefers to be pessimistic. Keep in mind SoC isn't an exact science. It is a math equation based on a few different things. They do what's called coulomb counting. Which in general is fairly accurate but you can see SoC change after sitting for a while as the BECM does its thing.

Would not worry, your battery is fine.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Today was my first charge after the 100% charge. There was no bump in battery percentage after unplugging. Two things to note: this was my first charge with temps in the 40s/50s (my wife charged outside at work), and I bumped the charge level to 85% for the first time, since I've lost some range due to cooler temps. No idea which made an impact, but I think it's worth someone else testing this out.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Today was my first charge after the 100% charge. There was no bump in battery percentage after unplugging. Two things to note: this was my first charge with temps in the 40s/50s (my wife charged outside at work), and I bumped the charge level to 85% for the first time, since I've lost some range due to cooler temps. No idea which made an impact, but I think it's worth someone else testing this out.
I just did my second charge after the 100% charge, also to 85%, and the battery % did not increase after unplugging.
Sponsored