Been very impressed with the range so far

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
I've now had TWO "long distance" trips in my standard range that has been at the very edge of what the Mach E said it could do, and both times landed home with about 20 miles to spare and no need to charge.

The first was a 98 mile round trip in 50-degree weather on mostly highways. At the time I left, had...exactly 98 miles of range! Greatly overperformed by simply driving in the right lane, not gunning it, judicious use of heat, and all regen/no brakes.

Today, had a 232 mile round trip, 90% highway, in 40-50 degree weather. Battery is rated for 230, and I left this morning with a 98% charge. Landed home with 19 miles left and no need to charge. Used heat initially in the morning when it was 40 degrees for about the first 30 minutes but the sun was out so once the car was warmed up I shut it off. Turned it back on just a few times basically to warm up my feet a bit. Didn't use it at all on the leg back except when I was closer to home and the temps dropped, but knew I was already "in the clear" to make it.

Bottom line is that I'm happy I can eek out a few miles above what the car claims it can do with a few tweaks to driving style, staying in the "slow" lane, and just using heat as needed.
Sponsored