Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I was reading through this waiting to see if I was going to see a comment about the 12 V battery charging. I thought the 12 V battery does not charge when it’s plugged, rather when the car is plugged in charging the high voltage battery. I thought you had the vehicle or the vehicle needs to be running for the 12 V battery to be charging or is this something different?
From a charging perspective, my experience has been the 12V SOC increases while the HVB is charging. Once the HVB reaches its targeted SOC, the 12V is no longer being charged.
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hello Mach-Lee - What is the 12v optimization update? I searched the thread you linked, but did not see such an update, and the words "optimization" and "optimize" do not appear in the thread. I have recently had some "electrical system drain" messages, so maybe I am not optimized. Thanks
It’s an OTA, so you have to wait for it. In the meantime, follow the steps in the guide if you have a failing OTA.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
It’s an OTA, so you have to wait for it. In the meantime, follow the steps in the guide if you have a failing OTA.
Thanks. I do not accept OTA updates, so will probably never get that one. I took my car in for warranty service, and I'm guessing they will just replace the battery if they can't apply a relevant software update for me. I'll use the helpful guide afterwards either way.
Sponsored