trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Maybe if they told us more and didn't try to keep things secret there'd be less chatter on here.
Ok, I will let you in on a secret since you been crying for so long and holding your breath.

You always wanted to know why the chicken crossed the road right? It was to get to the other side, but the real reason is he couldn't take all the drama on your side.

✌

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
On the contrary, I think it highlights how ridiculous the statement in the manual is. If we're not supposed to charge to 100%, don't tell me I have a 270 mile EV, tell me I have a 216 mile EV.

There's nothing OK with how Ford is throttling our charging.
It is reasonable for Ford to adjust the charge curve based on state of charge. It is not reasonable to have it fall off a cliff at some arbitrary number. The difference in strain on the battery between 80% and 81% is not a discontinuous break and the charger should not be either. There should be a decline not a dramatic fall.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Nobody said 100% all the time. But if it can't ever DCFC to 100% *EVER* then it really doesn't have a 100% capacity. Tesla allows you to go up to 100% when you need to, and it will Supercharge all the way up there. Tesla charges at 98% faster than Mach-E charges at 80%.

If you have an EV that forces you to stop at 94%, you have a bad EV. Plain and simple.

You do not get to decide where I travel, and neither does Ford. That's what's so offensive about Ford's DCFC taper - they're saying they know better about where I can travel than I do.
It is not that you cannot, it just drops to level 2 speeds.
Sponsored