Black plastic molding around rear view mirror buzzing/vibrating

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Does anyone know of a way to stop a constant buzzing/vibrating noise that comes from the black plastic molding on the windshield around the rear view mirror? The sound is almost constant while driving on anything other than completely smooth road and it is driving my wife and me crazy. I feel silly scheduling a dealer service visit for that, so if anyone knows how to fix this kind of thing, please let me know! Or if I need a service appointment for that, let me know.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Black plastic molding around rear view mirror buzzing/vibrating 20210502_122939
Sponsored

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I haven’t noticed anything like that. But if it’s enough to drive you crazy, you shouldn’t feel silly about having the dealer check it out.

CopperRobot

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Same noise, same source. My panoramic roof is cracked (going on two months now). I haven't tried to have the dealer remedy the various rattles yet. If the panoramic roof removal and reinstall requires the entire headliner and other interior parts to be removed, I figure no point in trying to resolve rattles until after the roof is replaced. Rattles from rear view housing area, the tablet display, passenger side headliner, and rear hatch plastic trim.

sherry4464

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR RWD Premium
Country flag
Bumping this because I have the same issue on my brand new 2022. Has anyone gotten this fixed? Is this an easy fix for the dealer or is it going to be a huge hassle?

OP
OP
bellyer

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag