astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
just got a couple of messages in fordpass, the first saying there was a fault in the blind spot detection module, followed by this:

What Is Happening?​
The side obstacle detection control module has received invalid data from the door control module.​

i just applied 23-PU0314-DCM-LAT earlier in the week, which was the door control module update related to spurious alarm activation. can't help but think this is related.

sigh.
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
just got a couple of messages in fordpass, the first saying there was a fault in the blind spot detection module, followed by this:

What Is Happening?​
The side obstacle detection control module has received invalid data from the door control module.​

i just applied 23-PU0314-DCM-LAT earlier in the week, which was the door control module update related to spurious alarm activation. can't help but think this is related.

sigh.
If you can, try resetting the car by removing the negative cable from the 12V battery and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then reconnect. This will cause all modules to start back up and often (but not always) clears these sort of issues. (Yes, Ford should do better, but until they do.......)

OP
OP

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
If you can, try resetting the car by removing the negative cable from the 12V battery and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then reconnect. This will cause all modules to start back up and often (but not always) clears these sort of issues. (Yes, Ford should do better, but until they do.......)
i guess i will try that but it's something of a hassle to get to the battery. might as well figure out how to do it though.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
i guess i will try that but it's something of a hassle to get to the battery. might as well figure out how to do it though.
Main thing is to be careful about the plastic clips - they like to pop off the trim pieces. Start with the drive side trim piece, then the rear trim. No need to remove the passenger side trim. As you remove each piece, check the clips and (hopefully) find any that fall off. Don't worry if you lose one or two - it'll still work find. Good luck.
Sponsored