RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE Space White, 2023 Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No, I didn't get an update, I bought a new vehicle (well second vehicle). I bought a Lincoln Corsair to use on road trips as I just don't have time to add charging time to my long trips and wanted an ICE backup, neither here nor there, my reasons are my reasons.

In any case, being a Ford product, my Lincoln came with BC 1.2, whereas I still have 1.0 on my MME. I hardly use BC on my MME due to ping-ponging and it disengaging on practically every curve, but I used it almost exclusively on my recent 550 mile road trip in the Lincoln last weekend. As a matter of fact, there were very few places where I wasn't using hands-free driving. Such a difference with the 1.2, it stayed in the lane and only one time ping-ponged (and that was on a really bad road that had lane change modifications, frankly, I don't even know how it could tell where the lanes were 🤣), also I love the auto lane change. You still have to tap the turn signal, but it was awesome.

In the event my MME gets upgraded before my trial runs out next year, I will definitely use it, but I doubt I will renew if it's still 1.0
Sponsored

LeanneL

First Name
Leanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTP
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just wait until you get to try out 1.4! It is night and day compared to 1.2 :)

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
Can't wait!
I haven't kept up with the Escape/Corsair updates, but it's fairly likely that 1.2 simply becomes 1.4 via normal updates. Whether OTA or FDRS.

Same with the Mach-E, for that matter. If it has 1.2, it's 1.4 if up to date today.

Reactions: RLW
OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I haven't kept up with the Escape/Corsair updates, but it's fairly likely that 1.2 simply becomes 1.4 via normal updates. Whether OTA or FDRS.

Same with the Mach-E, for that matter. If it has 1.2, it's 1.4 if up to date today.
I'm pretty sure 1.4 will come with OTA 7.0, not sure on the Corsair what version it would be.

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
I'm pretty sure 1.4 will come with OTA 7.0, not sure on the Corsair what version it would be.
Is 7.0 the update that BC 1.0 Mach-E's are waiting for?

If so, that doesn't apply to my Mach-E that came with BC1.3, similar to your Corsair coming with 1.2

If the vehicle already has 1.2 or 1.3, the features that aren't available in 1.0 are already onboard and enabled.

Or put another way, 1.2 is upgraded to 1.3 or 1.4 without the fanfare required to upgrade 1.0.
In fact, I don't think there's any Sync4 information available to inform the customer whether they are 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.4

I also believe there are plenty of Mach-E's with software already upgraded beyond BC 1.0. They simply have improved Bluecruise but no additional features. (assuming the car is up to date with all available updates)

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Is 7.0 the update that BC 1.0 Mach-E's are waiting for?

If so, that doesn't apply to my Mach-E that came with BC1.3, similar to your Corsair coming with 1.2

If the vehicle already has 1.2 or 1.3, the features that aren't available in 1.0 are already onboard and enabled.

Or put another way, 1.2 is upgraded to 1.3 or 1.4 without the fanfare required to upgrade 1.0.
In fact, I don't think there's any Sync4 information available to inform the customer whether they are 1.2 or 1.3 or 1.4

I also believe there are plenty of Mach-E's with software already upgraded beyond BC 1.0. They simply have improved Bluecruise but no additional features. (assuming the car is up to date with all available updates)
Yeah good question, someone like @Mach-Lee would probably know more about the upgrade process than I do.

Last edited:

RLW

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
No, I didn't get an update, I bought a new vehicle (well second vehicle). I bought a Lincoln Corsair to use on road trips as I just don't have time to add charging time to my long trips and wanted an ICE backup, neither here nor there, my reasons are my reasons.

In any case, being a Ford product, my Lincoln came with BC 1.2, whereas I still have 1.0 on my MME. I hardly use BC on my MME due to ping-ponging and it disengaging on practically every curve, but I used it almost exclusively on my recent 550 mile road trip in the Lincoln last weekend. As a matter of fact, there were very few places where I wasn't using hands-free driving. Such a difference with the 1.2, it stayed in the lane and only one time ping-ponged (and that was on a really bad road that had lane change modifications, frankly, I don't even know how it could tell where the lanes were 🤣), also I love the auto lane change. You still have to tap the turn signal, but it was awesome.

In the event my MME gets upgraded before my trial runs out next year, I will definitely use it, but I doubt I will renew if it's still 1.0
I could not agree with you more about the difference in performance between BC 1.0 and BC 1.2 (or 1.3). I had a 2021 MME with BC 1.0. Unlike you, I used it all the time and got used to the imperfections because it made my long road trips less fatiguing. However, this past December I purchased a 2023.5 MME with BC 1.2 (or 1.3) and it is as good as advertised. The lane centering is so much better. I used to never trust BC 1.0 if I got close to an 18 wheeler because the MME would get way too close for my comfort. But now, it does not bother me at all and I rarely take over the steering when I approach an 18 wheeler. BC 1.2 handles curves better and I hardly ever experience the ping ponging I routinely had with BC 1.0. Of course I enjoy the lane changing feature as well.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah good question, someone like @MachLee would probably know more about the upgrade process than I do.
You probably meant to tag @Mach-Lee. That said, the vast majority of people with knowledge about 1.4 are bound by confidentiality agreements and couldn't really respond to any of @Snakebitten's (or others') questions or comments, unfortunately.

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You probably meant to tag @Mach-Lee. That said, the vast majority of people with knowledge about 1.4 are bound by confidentiality agreements and couldn't really respond to any of @Snakebitten's (or others') questions or comments, unfortunately.
Ah didn't even notice there were more than 1, thanks 🤣

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
I certainly have no intention of causing anyone any trouble regarding. 😳😊

I do admit being irresistibly intrigued with both of my current generation Ford products and have spent far too much energy digging into what makes them tick.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I certainly have no intention of causing anyone any trouble regarding. 😳😊

I do admit being irresistibly intrigued with both of my current generation Ford products and have spent far too much energy digging into what makes them tick.
Yes of course, no one should be taking any offense. I want to know how all this stuff works, too! I'm more of a software guy though so I struggle with understanding mechanical stuff, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

I just wanted to point out that most of the time, people posting here thinking they have a vehicle with 1.4 probably don't, and those that do almost certainly can't say and can't even talk about it, so the experiences shared in threads like this one are probably inaccurate.

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag