Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve heard this before, but my volume knob doesn’t do this (even after the 1.7.1 update). Do you need to enable this via a setting somewhere?
You are likely like me it says I have 1.7.1 but don't have any of the features of 1.7.1 including this feature. I been stuck for close to 6 weeks now in this state of stuck update.
Sponsored

TastyAbe

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E
Country flag
There is no shortcut to return to calm screen quickly that I could find... sure would be nice if the system could be set to revert to it after 30 seconds of non-activity.... perhaps in any mode but Navigation.

I did get part way there by setting the background to 'Dark' rather than Auto.
It seems far less distracting when it is mostly dark background...
I just got it brand new and have changed nothing. Be sure to press it for a sec not just tapping it. Other than that I’m not sure.

Theamurican

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
+1 to pressing and holding the volume knob to enable quiet screen. Discovered it by accident a few months ago. Can confirm it’s not just 1.7.1 because both my cars could do it and only one was on that version.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
+1 to pressing and holding the volume knob to enable quiet screen. Discovered it by accident a few months ago. Can confirm it’s not just 1.7.1 because both my cars could do it and only one was on that version.
A car can have 1.7.1 features and not display 1.7.1 Changes because of problems with the OTA deployment. That’s what mine does.

Paul H

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Since I got the update I can get calm screen by holding in the volume button, which is great except that Ford ruined the calm screen. Now it is lighter on the drivers side and gets darker on the passenger's side and has some design that wasn't there before in the middle of the screen. So now it is finally easy to get to, but still distracting. Give me the old calm screen back, so I can be calm.

pclarkjr

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Hi for me pressing the volume knob at the top of the circle works best for me to initiate calm screen

MachE First Edition

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Extended Range
I'll be using the "Calm screen" feature (Car > Settings > Display) on long boring highway drives. Had this on my Saab a half-life ago and it's very soothing at night.

Anyone knows how to get back to it quickly after touching the screen e.g. to check the Nav?

Would love it to be a sticky card so it'd be a one-touch access.

Car online manual mentions: "If equipped the display hard button will cycle the display between the three states: Normal, Calm, and Off"; does anybody know where that mystery button is? I have a Premium AWD ER btw.

Help is appreciated, just looking for that one little extra to top off an impressive car!
Press and hold the wheel and it will switch back to calm screen

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
You have to press the volume dial on the screen for a few seconds.
Sponsored