Can't activate car in FordPass

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
All the talk about the impending OTA update had me check to see what my settings were set to, only I don't have any settings.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can't activate car in FordPass IMG_3483

That is when I noticed my car was not connected to my wifi at home, despite being at home. It also does not offer up the ability to select a wifi network and my connected services tab is blank as well.

I had a similar issue with connected services and keeping blue cruise from working that was solved by a master reset and setting up the car again.

Stupid me thought I would try that tonight.

I can't get the car to activate in Ford Pass. I did the master reset in the car and then in Ford Pass pressed the activate button. It says it has sent the activation and to respond to the prompt on the screen but I get no prompt. I have waited much longer than 90 seconds.

I have tried deleting the Ford Pass app and reinstalling as well as two more master resets (they are not much of a master reset though since it retains knowledge of my wifi which now connects without me having to supply the password and it still knows about my phone and my wife's phone. ) I manually deleted the phones from the phone list as well.

Any ideas how to get the car to activate in Ford Pass????

It is as though the cellular connection does not work but it does. I can connect to the wifi hotspot the car advertises and it takes me to the AT&T page to signup for a plan so I know I have a cellular connection.

Ugh... I love the car but the technology stinks.

@Ford Motor Company any idea how I can get my car activated and attached to my Ford Pass account again?

edited to add: I also just tried deleting the car from Ford Pass, another master reset, and adding the car back to Ford Pass. Still no activation prompt in the car.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
kdonnel

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here are short videos showing how the wifi settings and connected services tabs were behaving. Behaviour that in the past was corrected by a master reset and setting up the car again.

Hmm. Do the videos work for anyone? All I get is audio, no video.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Do the videos work for anyone? All I get is audio, no video.
It sounds like a game of Pong if you play both videos simultaneously.

You might need to visit a dealer to get this fixed. Maybe the modem failed or something.

Have you seen anything interesting in the diagnostics screen? (Open the FM radio app. Then hold volume down and previous track for at least 10 seconds.)

OP
OP
kdonnel

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess it needed time?

I woke up this morning and as soon as I started the car it received the message asking me to confirm activation.

At this point the car is almost back to how it should have been in the first place.

The connected services tab opens at it should and displays all the options.

The following icons are now again displayed in the top right of the center display.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can't activate car in FordPass Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.42.20 AM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can't activate car in FordPass Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.42.28 AM

But I still have two outstanding issues.

1. I can't create a PAAK for my wife's phone. When I press the request access button in the Ford Pass app I get an Activation Error, Contact us and we'll help you activate your modem. I plan to just wait until tomorrow and see if it goes away before contacting anyone. She does not trust PAAK anyway and always has a key fob with her.

2. I still don't have any options on the System Updates tab. The manual mentions being able to schedule updates. Is that something that only appears when there is a pending update? Others have mentioned the ability to turn OTA on and off. Where is that setting located? If on the System Updates tab mine is missing.

And then the whole question as to why did my wifi and connected services stop working in the first place?

I am not fully convinced that I will get the OTA recall. I guess I just need to wait until September and if no update OTA, schedule time at the dealer for the recall.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
All the talk about the impending OTA update had me check to see what my settings were set to, only I don't have any settings.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Can't activate car in FordPass Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.42.28 AM

That is when I noticed my car was not connected to my wifi at home, despite being at home. It also does not offer up the ability to select a wifi network and my connected services tab is blank as well.

I had a similar issue with connected services and keeping blue cruise from working that was solved by a master reset and setting up the car again.

Stupid me thought I would try that tonight.

I can't get the car to activate in Ford Pass. I did the master reset in the car and then in Ford Pass pressed the activate button. It says it has sent the activation and to respond to the prompt on the screen but I get no prompt. I have waited much longer than 90 seconds.

I have tried deleting the Ford Pass app and reinstalling as well as two more master resets (they are not much of a master reset though since it retains knowledge of my wifi which now connects without me having to supply the password and it still knows about my phone and my wife's phone. ) I manually deleted the phones from the phone list as well.

Any ideas how to get the car to activate in Ford Pass????

It is as though the cellular connection does not work but it does. I can connect to the wifi hotspot the car advertises and it takes me to the AT&T page to signup for a plan so I know I have a cellular connection.

Ugh... I love the car but the technology stinks.

@Ford Motor Company any idea how I can get my car activated and attached to my Ford Pass account again?

edited to add: I also just tried deleting the car from Ford Pass, another master reset, and adding the car back to Ford Pass. Still no activation prompt in the car.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I guess it needed time?

I woke up this morning and as soon as I started the car it received the message asking me to confirm activation.

At this point the car is almost back to how it should have been in the first place.

The connected services tab opens at it should and displays all the options.

The following icons are now again displayed in the top right of the center display.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.42.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.42.28 AM.png

But I still have two outstanding issues.

1. I can't create a PAAK for my wife's phone. When I press the request access button in the Ford Pass app I get an Activation Error, Contact us and we'll help you activate your modem. I plan to just wait until tomorrow and see if it goes away before contacting anyone. She does not trust PAAK anyway and always has a key fob with her.

2. I still don't have any options on the System Updates tab. The manual mentions being able to schedule updates. Is that something that only appears when there is a pending update? Others have mentioned the ability to turn OTA on and off. Where is that setting located? If on the System Updates tab mine is missing.

And then the whole question as to why did my wifi and connected services stop working in the first place?

I am not fully convinced that I will get the OTA recall. I guess I just need to wait until September and if no update OTA, schedule time at the dealer for the recall.
I just got kicked off Ford Pass completely out of the blue. I got a message saying Vehicle Access was Removed per your request. and lost all my PAAK settings. I had to add my VIN to Ford Pass and start over with PAAK. I requested to set up PAAK and my Ford App is saying "Activation Pending". When in the car its not asking me to approve the request nor can I do anything from my Ford account on my phone or computer. Of course I am the authorized user to approve but I have no where to approve from. I also can't re-set up connected services. What am I missing. I tried every setting on the car hunting to make this work.? This is the stupid stuff that I can waste hours on with Ford..... its so unnecessary. AND... I use my phone only to drive. I just happened to be home but otherwise, I would have been stranded. The door open code still worked but the remote start code would not. I guess I will be hiding a key fob in a faraday now in the car if this happens again. I guess my car will eventually prompt me to approve access?

OP
OP
kdonnel

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just got kicked off Ford Pass completely out of the blue. I got a message saying Vehicle Access was Removed per your request. and lost all my PAAK settings. I had to add my VIN to Ford Pass and start over with PAAK. I requested to set up PAAK and my Ford App is saying "Activation Pending". When in the car its not asking me to approve the request nor can I do anything from my Ford account on my phone or computer. Of course I am the authorized user to approve but I have no where to approve from. I also can't re-set up connected services. What am I missing. I tried every setting on the car hunting to make this work.? This is the stupid stuff that I can waste hours on with Ford..... its so unnecessary. AND... I use my phone only to drive. I just happened to be home but otherwise, I would have been stranded. The door open code still worked but the remote start code would not. I guess I will be hiding a key fob in a faraday now in the car if this happens again. I guess my car will eventually prompt me to approve access?
It finally let me set up the car the next day. I don't know why it did not work the day before.

MoonRiver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
02 Camry, 07 Infiniti G35
Country flag
My 22 Mach e failed to see my Ford pass as a key a couple of times recently. So I decided to uninstall the app and reinstall it, but then ran into problems of setting up PAAK. So went through the steps instructed by ford how to, I removed the vehicle in my iPhone then added it back on, tried to activate it, then couldn’t. So went to Ford Pass help chat, it fixed the activation, here was how: turn off the vehicle, open the driver door, press lock, close it, wait for two minutes, turn on the vehicle, press activate on ford pass app.

Yeah!

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Are you signed up for Connected Services at the Ford "My Ford...." website? I made the mistake of signing in using a user name, other than the e-mail I gave the dealer, when I ordered my car. I could not sign up for Connected Services. Changing the user name to the e-mail corrected my problem.
The car not reconnecting to your wi-fi connections happens. You need to check your connection anytime you have problems with OTA or any other thing relying on wi-fi.
Sponsored